Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by delfim No Jay. No need. Next earthquake in the area only due ... General Smartphones forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    No Jay. No need. Next earthquake in the area only due in a couple of centuries...
    But on a Geological time scale that is like tomorrow a couple of centuries is nothing
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Have to be a cold day......

My children's school was only a few miles from Mineral. Ex wife was finally able to get back to me late last night. My youngest had a bookshelf fall on him at school, but he's fine. He's at the age where he's 10ft tall and bulletproof. Apparently their school and the others in Louisa were damaged, they're out of school now til the 6th.

I know 5.9 is nothing to most folks who deal with these monthly, but little towns and cities here in VA aren't prepared. Quite honestly it scared the hell out of us. Louisa and Mineral were hit the hardest. Thank God no one was seriously hurt or killed.

And I'm convinced I would never, EVER, want to live anywhere earthquakes are frequent.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Have to be a cold day......

My children's school was only a few miles from Mineral. Ex wife was finally able to get back to me late last night. My youngest had a bookshelf fall on him at school, but he's fine. He's at the age where he's 10ft tall and bulletproof. Apparently their school and the others in Louisa were damaged, they're out of school now til the 6th.

I know 5.9 is nothing to most folks who deal with these monthly, but little towns and cities here in VA aren't prepared. Quite honestly it scared the hell out of us. Louisa and Mineral were hit the hardest. Thank God no one was seriously hurt or killed.

And I'm convinced I would never, EVER, want to live anywhere earthquakes are frequent.
    Glad all is well and hope your youngest wont be too bruised! I agree with you on the earthquake front I would not want to live anywhere where there is an immediate threat of a major quake, give me hurricanes or severe winters any time at least I can see them coming!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well gonna get the hurricane too. Roger may have more to be concerned about with that. I remember he mentioned in the carolinas somewhere.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I was thinking more of the hurricanes and tropical storms that hit Texas and Florida rather than the earthquake (that will hit California). I know when I was in Texas and lived through the expected/predicted Hurricanes and the ones that hit, I had the option of moving more onshore, or staying and making sure the house was ready for the hit, whereas with earthquakes you have no warnings. It's having no power in the Texas heat after the Hurricane I didn't like
    Lets hope that the one thats moving up the East coast will stay offshore!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12