A duel core at your fingertips...what a lovely feeling it is. doing a million things ... General Smartphones forum

KTW Guest

Duel core: a lovely thing to have?

Advertisement

A duel core at your fingertips...what a lovely feeling it is. doing a million things at once. then you get tired playing with the features on your phone and decide to close the applications. You look at the top of your seen to see how much battery is left...and THE HORROR !... you rush home to recharge your phone...All is lost. That poor little defenceless Galaxy S2. it did not have the strength to stop itself from overheating so that it could save power.
    ...anyway... coming to my question... How do you stop a duel core from overheating? ...please I'm looking for practical answers, I don't want to be told I must stop using it or I should move to the North or South Pole. also how do you save power when using it?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Overheating? Is it oc'd?
    What's going on when it gets hot?

KTW Guest
    No overclocking. all I do is browse and dowload apps.

Say...hows your EVO doing ?

I only get heat build up when I've tethered for hours.

Somethings up if you're overheating while browsing.

KTW Guest
    I thought that because it was a duel core this was normal. perhaps it will help for me to describe my version of overheating: when a device gets warmer than your hands holding it.

or... is this a terrible definition ?
    Last edited by KTW; 11-29-2011 at 02:02 AM. Reason: incorrect wording

I'll skip the joke.
    Download Elixer from the Market. Set up a widget that monitors CPU usage and battery temp. Make note of both at idle when its cool, then surf a bit and note temp.

It can get a little warm, but if it gets hot (noticibly warmer than usual) somethings wrong. I'd return it if it gets very hot.
    Using the widget will give you something to tell the carrier if you return/service.

Once I wake up I'll look up specs and see if there have been any issues with heat.