I have owned a Blackberry of One Model or another I started with a Blackberry ... General Smartphones forum

TheDarkwing no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Does All Blackberry have This problem and what cause it

Advertisement

I have owned a Blackberry of One Model or another I started with a Blackberry Pearl and about 18 different ones later I now have the BlackBerry Torch yes you read right 18. Anyways at one time or another a lot of the 18 that I have owned in the 2 years they have just one day just started to drops calls then as soon as I started a App. It would Lock Up and then reBoot then a day or two later it wouldn't stay on for more then 5 minutes without rebooting. 5 Blackberry Pearls 8100 did this, then I had 3 BlackBerry Curve 8300 do this. Then 3 Blackberry Curve 8310's and two Blackberry Curves 8320 do this back to back in one month then Two BlackBerry Bold 9000 ( my Fourth BlackBerry Bold 9000 Seires The best one I EVER own was stolen while in the hospital from my bedside) then I working on my 3rd Blackberry Torch Two which had the starting up and rebooting every 5 minutes. Has anyone had this problem with the turning on and off every 5 minute?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow. You've had quite the run of luck with your BlackBerrys, haven't you?

Seriously, I have never heard of what you describe happening on so many different devices. I'm wondering if it's a certain app you have running that you've carried from device to device, or maybe a media card with bad data on it.

Jemma no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a problem too, i got ma self BBM and gave friends my pin and dey gave me theres then all for a sudden it never allow me to accept :/ it ts alway on "pending (waiting to be Authorized ) its now for 3 days my BB mensenger dont work so does the internet????????

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have had the same series of bad luck. I started with a 7730 that was replaced because it dropped signal whenever I left the house. The second 7730 worked fine until it just decided it was old and won't stay powered on anymore. I had the first of 3 7100t's following that one that also dropped signal. I have had my 2nd replacement 7100t since 2005 (after the first replacement got sent to the wrong address and I got it 3 months later). I had a 7105t after that and the USB port broke on that one. The trackwheel locked up on the replacement 7105t. I went thru 3 8100's due to OS reboots. Trackball died on the first 8120 after 14 months (normal wear and tear). I had another USB port break on the second 8120. The one I have now was having the random reboots that plagued the 8100's. I talked T-Mobile into an early upgrade to get my current Bold 9780 which, THANKFULLY, has only had the problem of not being able to be upgraded until recently. It started giving me errors about one or more modules could not be resolved but I found an OS that didn't have that issue.

Jemma no está en línea Stack level 1
    omg YOUR NOT DE ONLY 1 DARLIN ERICA MY bbm I WAS SOOO HAPPY PROUD 2 GET IT DEN ALL A SUDDEN I JUS CLARKED ON DE BBM dont work doh i gave ma friends ma pin dey added 4 5 daiiz now still not accpetd cuz it aint workin buh looks perfect how do i get it 2 work. ????????????????

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Jemma, have you tried pulling the battery for a few minutes then trying again?

Techie_Jr no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm wondering if the people with problems have tried upgrading their OS to the most recent version available for the phone they are using? Sometimes that helps with the problems. I would also ask the same thing about the version of BBM they have. If you aren't sure that you are running the most recent version of Blackberry Messenger you can always go into the app for Blackberry App World, find the Blackberry Messenger and if it doesn't give you the option to download it, you've got the most recent one. If you don't have the most recent version of BBM you should download it because they've added a whole lot of new features like profile pictures and improved the way the messages are displayed. Try it and if you're still having no luck let me know. I might be able to fish for an answer for you. I've had a Blackberry for about 4 years and have done all kinds of stuff to/with it.