Hey guys and gals, Just wanted to start a thread where wireless sales professionals can ... General Smartphones forum

BiggDaddyDutch no está en línea Stack level 3

Do you work in Wireless Sales? Let's talk business.

Advertisement

Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to start a thread where wireless sales professionals can chat, share stories, tips and tricks. We all do the same job so lets see what makes us all tick.
    Cheers
    BiggDaddy
    my thumbs hurt.......

foosneb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just had a s2 stolen from my office, next day it came back in with a customer expecting to have a fancy new phone activated....boy were they surprised when a cop walked through the door.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

BiggDaddyDutch no está en línea Stack level 3
    today i had a guy use his 9630 as a Frisbee, to show me how much money he makes
    Cheers
    BiggDaddy
    my thumbs hurt.......

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggDaddyDutch View Post
    I loooved when the people acting as if they had that kinda life style (can just waste money) got denied for the credit check. Don't get me wrong, I wanted every sale but a good laugh now and then does wonders. Oo and the 100% for sure chance of the "this is why I got denied" story that follows....priceless.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggDaddyDutch View Post
    Lol. That's crazieeeeeeee!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489
    Am I wrong? When I was a sales rep a elderly lady comes in "I don't want none of that new fangled stuff you got, just a phone to call out on". I sold her a device that was way to advanced for her, 2 days later her son comes in my store pissed cursing me out etc etc, I remained calm and asked, what type of device do you have, he says I don't have one, so I suggestive sell him the exact same device as his moms and said "this device will bring you and your mom closer, you can both learn how to use it together".

Hehe on a serious note (selling an older lady the advanced phone reminded me). I was in a situation a year or so ago involving a lady who claimed she had some sort of memory issue (ad/something like that). Anyway sold her the phone (or reactivated old phone I can't remember), a few months later she came in again with the same problem. So this happen a few times and finally I came up with a world of excuses of why I couldn't activate her phone. Now before everyone calls me a hater she didn't seem to be totally alone (I mean someone has to help her with her finances? I think ?). Either way she got mad and left (yeah I'm a jerk for not taking her last bits of money for the month). It was a no contract company so it wasn't unusual to reactivate people all the time (same people). However the amount of money she was spending was absurd. Anyway as someone who is going to get back into wireless sales for Christmas and summer break I would love I anyone has an actual method to handling this type of situation, legally+ethically. All tips are welcome!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16
    Last edited by tippmann15; 11-23-2009 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Spelling

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by tippmann15 View Post
    Hehe on a serious note (selling an older lady the advanced phone reminded me). I was in a situation a year or so ago involving a lady who claimed she had some sort of memory issue (ad/something like that). Anyway sold her the phone (or reactivated old phone I can't remember), a few months later she came in again with the same problem. So this happen a few times and finally I came up with a world of excuses of why I couldn't activate her phone. Now before everyone calls me a hater she didn't seem to be totally alone (I mean someone has to help her with her finances? I think ?). Either way she got mad and left (yeah I'm a jerk for not taking her last bits of money for the month). It was a no contract company so it wasn't unusual to reactivate people all the time (same people). However the amount of money she was spending was absurd. Anyway as someone who is going to get back into wireless sales for Christmas and summer break I would love I anyone has an actual method to handling this type of situation, legally+ethically. All tips are welcome!
    What kind of memory issue??? was it with the device or with the customer? LOL *(no offense) I work in wireless sales and deal with interesting customer issues daily... I'll help as much as possible... BTW Love this thread!!!

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    my brother is a manager at a cell store. He interviewed a random girl one day. He asked what do you think your weakness is? She replied, "um... i would say sales would be my weak point." He effing cracked up laughing and that coffee went threw his nose. Its funny cause i saw the whole thing. Poor guy messed up his hugo boss dress shirt hahaha.

I guess that was better then saying she didn't have a weakness hehe.