Check out the Vodafone Update Application. Has anyone tried it yet? I just downloaded it, ... General Smartphones forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Do You Miss SocialScope or Still Waiting For an Invite? Check this out.

Advertisement

Check out the Vodafone Update Application. Has anyone tried it yet? I just downloaded it, it's no socialscope, but if you are looking for an app that combines Twitter, Facebook, and or Myspace then take a look. It's free in the Android Market, just search Vodafone Update Application. I haven't played with it enough yet to decide if it's a keeper...no tabs, but you can easily disable any account from appearing in the one timeline with just a tap and tap again to add it back. Only supports one twitter acct, has search but no trending topics or lists. I may keep it as a secondary app for getting a quick peek at what all my peeps are up to.

See more about the app here, says it's available for the magic and g1 but seems to work fine on my Moto Droid.

EDIT: Seems like this is also available for iPhone, BlackBerry, and Symbian, not just Android but with some variations of what accounts are supported on each platform. If your device is not on their list for your platform, try it anyway, works well on mine even though it's not officially supported.
    Last edited by azstar; 01-22-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thanks azstar - gonna give it a spin...

I think I kinda like it....the more I poke around the more I'm surprised by the features it has. It is still missing some key ones that would prevent it from being my sole networking app....but I can see myself using it frequently

EDIT: The iPhone one supports LinkedIn too, just installed Update on my iPod Touch and saw that option
    Last edited by azstar; 01-22-2010 at 02:57 AM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Trying it out now on iPhone - looks ok - graphics are fine, functions are simple and intuitive ! Later today I´ll try on the BB !

In comparing the iPhone and Android version, the Android version does not seem to show some Facebook updates that the iPhone one does such as pictures added to Facebook. Thankfully neither one of them seem to clog the timeline on the devices with silly things like farmville and mafia wars updates. The more I use it, the more I like it overall. It's the closest thing to SocialScope since getting my DROID.
    Twitter? My Apps List

OK, one other plus for this app, it is really easy on the battery, normally I would have had to recharge in 7-8 hours, I signed out of my other twitter app and just had this running all day I still have 40% battery left after 9 hrs. Will have to test this for a few days to see if today is just a fluke...
    Twitter? My Apps List

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    No ability to view full screen on storm. Last item in view gets cut off. Scrolling through items is erratic. Makes viewing more of a headache than anything. For now I'll stick to separate programs.

On the Storm that doesn't surprise me, most apps won't work on it unless there is a specific Storm version...too bad though...
    Twitter? My Apps List