Ok I have a curve 8330 vzn. For some reason (I think its the screen) ... General Smartphones forum

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3

Curve 8330 or storm

Ok I have a curve 8330 vzn. For some reason (I think its the screen) the storm is callin my name. Is it worth swappin? Someone talk me out of it!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Blog Entries
    Had a storm for 6 months and its a good phone with a great screen, just switched to Nokia 5800 as wanted a change and its a smaller phone. And i went from a 8310 curve to the storm
    Join the Lounge and relax and have fun
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f93/

ShellyMiddleton no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have a Storm and love it! I think that if you get one and have been used to doing a lot of texting, taking notes, etc. with your keys the Storm's virtual keyboards might be a bit frustrating. The Storm is my first Blackberry, so I'm not missing anything. Why don't you try the Storm for the month grace period that you have to be able to return it. It will take about 3 weeks to really get used to it. If you still don't like it, return it for maybe the Blackberry Tour that's coming out.

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    The storm is awesome. I switched from the 8330 myself,and since the latest OS release, the phone is excellent. I text,email,BBM, all day long,and I have no problem with the keyboard at all. I type just as fast as i did with the curve. It takes some getting used to,I agree, but it happens fast, I wouldn't say 3 weeks, especially if you're already used to blackberries and the functionality of them. Definitely the right choice to upgrade! Good luck! Keep us posted on your decision!
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    If you can wait, the Storm 2 will be out sometime in the Fall according to Verizon CEO and if the rumors are true it will have WIFI. I'd hang onto your 8330 until then.

Hmm! Problem with gettin the storm and switchin back is the 35 dollar restocking fee. Already gonna have to pay that to do the storm thing. I appreciate the feedback. Keepem comin cause I'm really on the fence with this one. Thanks!

boner1982 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I like my curve much better. I've tried both and I actually am a sales consultant for a cell phone carrier that carries both. The storm is a fun phone but its not worth giving up a curve for

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Blog Entries
    chevy or bmw?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Thanks boner! Lmao! That was hard to say with a straight face.

Funny cat! I am a blue jeans boots and Tshirt kinda guy. Guess that puts me on the curve. Actually probably puts me on a payphone! Lol!

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    I've used both. I like the Curve better. The Storm seems to be RIM's attempt at competing with an Iphone. Typing on the Storm was frustrating because your fingers get used to actually pressing buttons, like on computer. I'd get a Bold before a Storm. In the meantime, I'm happy with my 4th Curve.

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    I've been waiting to try out the touch functionality since the iphone became so popular. But I would never give up my bb. Since the storm is both I think the trade up would be worth it. If you don't like it you could always sell it and buy the bold or tour

damorg no está en línea Stack level 1
    My opinion:

If you do mostly web-browsing and media-watching, the Storm's big screen is really nice.

If you do mostly communications including typing replies, the Curve is preferable (v. nice keyboard).

I have the Curve as my primary work phone but have used the Storm a fair bit (we have them at work and I have done some testing with one and my wife also has a Storm that I use off and on). I find the touch-screen keyboard OK...takes some getting used to but it's fairly nice.

Personally, I have not been able to type as fast on the Storm's keyboard as I have on iphone/ipod touch keyboard and for seriously quick typing, I favor the Curve.

If you're wanting an updated blackberry on VZW, it looks like the Tour is an upgrade with nicer screen, newer OS, and a great physical keyboard.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I like a gal with "curves".
    But, like, like, hey......
    I'm a dude that Loves my Storms!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)