Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jfcooley

Hi, my name is Jay. I have a problem, I horde software. I have 4 ... General Smartphones forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Confessions of a software junkie/horder

Advertisement

Hi, my name is Jay. I have a problem, I horde software.

I have 4 different browsers. I have 4 sets of weather Widgets. 3 notepads, 35 games, 4 launchers, 7 themes. This is a smidgen of what's installed. I have 2 versions of the same ROM, 2 versions of the same theme, 4 kernals, all the same just different versions. I have 150+ epubs, 4 different readers and I don't know how many utilities. None of this includes the thumb drives with software.

I can't bring myself to delete any of it. I may need it, someone may need it. Am I alone? Someone else has to do the same thing.

I need help.
    Mark Stone and dushdavj like this.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Lol, I used to for that.... "if I'm ever in...." situation. Now it all resides on my Mac. Only download and sync what I know I will use. Of course that's still over 100 apps. Do they get used all the time, no but they do get used. The stuff on my Mac(and PC, yes I have one, I own a Andriod,lol) is there for just the reason you describe Jay.

We need a reality show, something along the intervention lines. Lol

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    We need a support group! I am with you Jay, I regularly go through my computer to try and clean the hard disk, and cant bring myself to delete my software in case I may need it. It has slowly got worse as disks grew larger, instead of megabytes it became gigabytes and now terrabytes. I recently moved house and was forced to through out my floppy disks, my 3.5" floppy disks, 'cos as my wife said I no longer had hardware that would read them! I need help too
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I tried to delete some after posting this. Did a backup instead, and downloaded another version of my ROM.

Convinced I may need that stuff...even though I still have the first version of my ROM, and its now on 6.1. Heck, I still have beweather beta for android. Just can't get rid of it.....

We need a reality show, something along the intervention lines. Lol
    There already is one - "Hoarding" - it's just that Jay is doing it on his phone!