If you go to options-sercurity-certificates. What is that? And what does it mean if there ... General Smartphones forum

Konaver no está en línea Stack level 2

certificates?

Advertisement

If you go to options-sercurity-certificates. What is that? And what does it mean if there is a red x by some?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Those are certificates from servers or sites that have a trust certificate and they encrypt data or emails.You can also use certificates to digitally sign email or messages. It's kind of like when you download something on internet explorer and windows asks if you want to trust this site. The red x means that the certificate has expired.

Ok and if you keep getting pop ups that say the certificates have expired on a bold, then what can you do to get rid of those?

isaacandy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Hi, Not sure if your problem is resolved. Anyway, let me try to help you out.
    1. Check the what is the Message Status for those emails that are marked with X
    2. Are you receiving emails from your BES ?
    - if you do, on your desktop manager under options, (if you're using Lotus Notes for your work email) you should see Lotus Notes Option
    - Select the Lotus Notes Option. A window will appear, there'll be 2 tabs. General & Security.
    - Select Security, click on import Notes ID

Hope this helps. Do let me know more details on your mail encryption problem

Yes. I am getting emails. And this is the pop up

"You are attempting to open a secure connection, but the servers certificate has expired"
    And then these are 3 choices it gives me

Continue
    Close connection
    View certificate

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Check Options > Security Options > Firewall. Is it 'Enabled'? You're getting that because of the security settings on the device, usually caused by the Firewall.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Ok I tried that and its off. And always has been

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ok, you said you are getting e-mails on BES, but are you on a BES? Also, when are you seeing this message? Is it when you're viewing web pages, or running an app?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

im on bis, just have my work email hooked up to it, the message just pops up all the time, even just checking the time and i have to hit continue multiple times before it goes away

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm not sure about this,(because you say it happens even when you check the time) try and view the certificate, hit the menu key and see if there is an option to update or renew the cetificate. You can renew it, and it should stop. I don't know how long that will last because I don't know which certificate it is. You can make sure content protection is disabled too.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    If you're not browsing a web page and getting that, then it tells me that a module is calling to a server with an expired certificate and that's why you're getting the prompt. It should tell you what the module is on the error or give you a link that says, 'Vendor Modules'. I think that'll be the key to figuring this out.
    How to upgrade your OS