I'm using V 1.0.4 of SmartAlerts and am unable to define a new alert. When ... General Smartphones forum

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7

Can't define "new" SmartAlert

Advertisement

I'm using V 1.0.4 of SmartAlerts and am unable to define a new alert. When trying to set-up an alert for say....Quiznos....I can define the alert name "Quiznos" but when I come to--Name in BlackBerry Profiles:--it won't allow me to input a new name. I know it worked initially as I have 10 or so names associated with a profile from my initial experiences with the app.....but it doesn't appear to be working now. The word <new> appears where one would typically type in the new profile name but am unable to make a change there. Furthermore, when trying to setup a filter for the existing 10 names, the filter does not work. Anyone using SmartAlerts familiar with this issue??
    Last edited by BestWitted; 11-04-2009 at 01:31 PM.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Quote Originally Posted by BestWitted View Post
    I'm using V 1.0.4 of SmartAlerts and am unable to define a new alert. When trying to set-up an alert for say....Quiznos....I can define the alert name "Quiznos" but when I come to--Name in BlackBerry Profiles:--it won't allow me to input a new name. I know it worked initially as I have 10 or so names associated with a profile from my initial experiences with the app.....but it doesn't appear to be working now. The word <now> appears where one would typically type in the new profile name but am unable to make a change there. Furthermore, when trying to setup a filter for the existing 10 names, the filter does not work. Anyone using SmartAlerts familiar with this issue??
    Hey bestwitted been a while sIce I been on here. Sounds like your doing everything right but I'm going to check with pfluger and see if we have a limit on customizable alerts. What OS are you using and which device?

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by BestWitted View Post
    I'm using V 1.0.4 of SmartAlerts and am unable to define a new alert. When trying to set-up an alert for say....Quiznos....I can define the alert name "Quiznos" but when I come to--Name in BlackBerry Profiles:--it won't allow me to input a new name. I know it worked initially as I have 10 or so names associated with a profile from my initial experiences with the app.....but it doesn't appear to be working now. The word <now> appears where one would typically type in the new profile name but am unable to make a change there. Furthermore, when trying to setup a filter for the existing 10 names, the filter does not work. Anyone using SmartAlerts familiar with this issue??
    Are you sure it says <now> and not <new>? If you click on <new> in the dropdown menu and delete the word 'default', you can rename it that way. I had almost 15 different types of alerts setup in my SA before I switched my OS. I haven't set any up yet because of dealing with the OS browser issue with my Bold. I can add some and check back in with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhorner71 View Post
    Hey bestwitted been a while sIce I been on here. Sounds like your doing everything right but I'm going to check with pfluger and see if we have a limit on customizable alerts. What OS are you using and which device?
    JR--using 8900 and os 4.6.1.231--the os that ATT had placed on it when I picked it up--perhaps pfluger can add some insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    Are you sure it says <now> and not <new>? If you click on <new> in the dropdown menu and delete the word 'default', you can rename it that way. I had almost 15 different types of alerts setup in my SA before I switched my OS. I haven't set any up yet because of dealing with the OS browser issue with my Bold. I can add some and check back in with you.
    Morgase--When I go thru the steps it looks as follows:
    Create new alert--OK
    Alert type--Email
    Verify...Create an alert that will be triggered on conditions you define. The alert sound can be configured in your BlackBerry Profile--OK
    Alert Name--Quiznos (as an example)
    Address--Quiznos (in any address field)
    Message preview using BerryPopup--Checked
    Name in BlackBerry profiles--Clicked on Default and.....this brings up a drop-down menu with my previous profile names and the word <New> at the top of the list
    I Select New--the word <New> is now highlighted giving one the impression that you can enter a profile name here but I can't....when I enter the first letter Q nothing happens.....if I enter the letter A then it displays the word Alamo which is the name of a previous entry I initially made and so on for each of my previous entries.....I'm stumped ...checked the web site and it appears this is the latest version of SmartAlerts available.....wondering if other people who use this app are able to define new entries in their BB profiles for SmartAlerts to filter......do you still have the ability to configure a new alert? Any help is appreciated.....

Problem resolved thanks to excellent support.....

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    If anyone has an issue setting up the alerts or is usure, please check out the How-To we created for it. It is just for email alerts but almost all of the other alerts are created with the same principle. Please leave us a message on the forum if you need any help.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service