Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Its time to get a new phone. I've had a blackberry for about 6 years ... General Smartphones forum

Ajocto83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302c620a

cant decide - overwhelmed!

Advertisement

Its time to get a new phone. I've had a blackberry for about 6 years now and have been very happy. Problem is my wife got the HTC and that is one cool phone. I love its OS, the many homepages and being able to have more than 1 website up at a time. Everything about that phone is great!! Everything except the keyboard. I can NOT stand not having a full qwerty keyboard like the BB.
    Can anyone suggest a nice new phone with HTC features, and a keyboard like the BB ??
    Is there such a thing?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did she get an HTC with Android or Windows Mobile? Which platform are you looking at and are you locked to HTC or would you consider others?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    302c620a
    She got a HTC droid. I'm not sure what you mean by platform sorry.
    I will look and consider any and all phones. Ideally through sprint.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Platform is another word for Operating System, like the BB OS, Windows Mobile, Android, Apple OS, Symbian, etc.

You mean the HTC Hero?
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-19-2010 at 09:52 AM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Welcome to the home of smartphone pros and fanatics. As far as Android HTC's goes here are all your current options:
    http://www.htc.com/us/products#/?vie...&filters=0-8-2

If a physical qwerty keypad is a MUST for you then also look at the Motorola Droid:
    http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US...la-DROID-US-EN

Also, don't restrict yourself to Android-only, unless of course that's what you simply want to try next and you've already narrow your search fown to HTC. Thats for sure a great choice!

Others:

Give the new BB Tour2 a look and also Palm, iPhone and Windows mobile:

The best (IMO) Windows mobile HTCs:
    HTC HD2 - Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer announced that the HTC HD2 will be coming to T-Mobile this Spring! [Images]
    HTC Touch2
    - Out of the box you can open word, excel, powerpoint and pdf files. [Images]

PIN/ID
    Apple
    To be honest man if your going to change from a BB you just need to come to the realization that no keyboard out there matches it. But you give up a little to gain a lot. I'd say that if you forget about the keyboard go with Iphone on ATT, Nexus on T-Mobile, Droid on Verizon. If you need a keyboard and just cant find a way to give it up, iPhone on ATT, i think they have the best on screen keyboard out. I can type just as fast and accurate on it as my 9000, just takes a little getting use to. T-Mobile-9700 , Verizon- Droid or the tour2.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    If you were overwhelmed before, now your're literally blasted Sky High ! Especially from all the diverse opinions of the stackers here. We're all a little crazy as well, so you must take all our suggestions with a pinch of salt...and I will go forth now to give you my opinion as well, crazy that I am:
    My suggestion based on your favoring of a qwertry keyboard - stick to BB, the 9700, probably...!
    It's still the best !
    Good luck !
    Last edited by Delfim; 01-18-2010 at 09:23 PM.

If you are on Sprint then she must have gotten the HTC Hero, the only other HTC smartphones Sprint has now is the Touch Pro 2 which has a slide out keyboard or the Snap which is more BlackBerry like, both run Windows Mobile. Personally I am not a windows mobile fan but many are quite happy with it.

I think the only other Google/Android phone they have now is the Samsung Moment which has a slide out keyboard. Your best bet is to spend some decent free time in the sprint store playing with their latest line-up of smartphones including Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, and the Palm Pre and Pixi. Test the media players, use the browsers, see how they feel in your hand and what kind of features they have. I like to go to the store and navigate on the browser to PinStack and make test posts to see how the physical and onscreen keyboards feel. See how fast they perform, how intuitive they are to use....test every function that would be important to you and play with all the features.

If you are looking at buying a subsidized device and extending your contract for another two years be sure it's something you think you will like. Once you are done playing in the store, narrow it down to 2-3 favorites then do some online research, look for common complaints or issues on the forums and ask questions....that's why we are here It took me a few months to decide to leave my last BlackBerry and get a Moto DROID, I'm glad I waited and researched, and now I'm really glad I switched because I am loving this phone!
    Twitter? My Apps List

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    HTC Tilt has a full qwerty board but I believe it is windows based. I also own the 9700 and love it.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You might want to check out this article about a new HTC coming to Sprint. But, it didn't specify whether it had a physical keyboard or not. http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...imax-on-board/
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    302c620a
    Wow thank you all so much! I know you meant well, but I'm more confused now then before asking for help
    I suppose going to the store and playing with the phones is the way to go.
    Thanks for all the suggestions!!

Haha sorry, didn't mean to confuse you, have fun playing with and testing devices and let us know what you decide to get
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajocto83 View Post
    Wow thank you all so much! I know you meant well, but I'm more confused now then before asking for help
    I suppose going to the store and playing with the phones is the way to go.
    Thanks for all the suggestions!!
    ...told you !

PIN/ID
    302c620a
    Haha thanks!
    I just so happened to have dropped my phone last night, and cracked the screen. Looks like a trip to sprint is coming sooner than expected....

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well, good luck then! Tells us your choivce !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast