Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by jblackfish I had an 8120 for a while (no data plan) and ... General Smartphones forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I had an 8120 for a while (no data plan) and I could do a ton of stuff via wi-fi, basically the same as with my 8320 and my current 8900, all without data plans - all T-Mobile too.
    Well yeah, when she has Wi-Fi, but when we're out and about and I'm surfing like crazy, obviously she can't. That's when she gets the redirect.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Well yeah, when she has Wi-Fi, but when we're out and about and I'm surfing like crazy, obviously she can't. That's when she gets the redirect.
    I see, sorry. You've got to have the wi-fi connection - I rarely ever take my spare (with no data plan) out of my pocket (or house) unless I'm going somewhere that has wi-fi.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Not a problem JB. I should have been a little clearer. Every BB should have Wi-Fi by default. I do most of my app downloading at home when I'm checking on the newest stuff out there and the Wi-Fi makes it so much faster. I was actually sitting with the kid at the doctor the other day, on their Wi-Fi connection and listening to Cherri's podcast of the W-I-R.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

Not a problem JB. I should have been a little clearer. Every BB should have Wi-Fi by default. I do most of my app downloading at home when I'm checking on the newest stuff out there and the Wi-Fi makes it so much faster. I was actually sitting with the kid at the doctor the other day, on their Wi-Fi connection and listening to Cherri's podcast of the W-I-R.
    I agree. Who wouldn't love wi-fi and its speed who's ever used it? I wish they all did include wi-fi - maybe someday.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Reesh no está en línea Stack level 1

Internet browsing without BB data plan

Hello, I know Wi fi compatibility sir!!!

My pearl is BB8100 without Wifi!

I am using Internet browser without subscribing to BB data services This is is true!

It's not a big deal doing this, you can also get it done>

But the problem is when i accessing Applications like Facebook, Y! Mesngr then this plan won't works!

I have tried every possible changes in handsets but couldn't succeed.

You just need to configure Access point name of internet plan other than Black berry service under TCP/IP and access application on BB successfully!!! I have tried this on Black berry curve & successfully made it but unable to find way in this BB8100 pearl!!!

There must be a way to get it done..................try ......think and help if you can.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I did that way back with my old Motorola V360 on T-Mo's $5.99 plan, but the way BB's send the data for 3rd party apps will not work without either a data plan or Wi-Fi.
    How to upgrade your OS

I did that way back with my old Motorola V360 on T-Mo's $5.99 plan, but the way BB's send the data for 3rd party apps will not work without either a data plan or Wi-Fi.
    I haven't been able to make FB work at all via wi-fi only although uberTwitter works great wi-fi only. FB says "your rate plan does not support this feature." etc. etc. and I think they mean it.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    LOL. I'm surprised no one has found a workaround for this JB or at least FB hasn't provided an update to it.
    How to upgrade your OS

I haven't bothered to try simply because I have IM+ on that phone and can use FB via that app.

Reesh no está en línea Stack level 1

Question There is a way to get Internet Browser

No one can solve the issue yet

Try it my friends. There must be some way to get it done.

Imagine, No data plans and you will browse internet on your Blackberry

find out and discuss it.

don't go on Wi-fi mode

Reesh, Is one of your problems running Facebook without a data plan? I don't think it can be done. Are you saying that you used to do it with another phone?
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm really not sure of any way to get full data access without a plan on a BB as it's usually handled by service books, pushed from your carrier, when you subscribe. I know way back when I had put the APN settings into my V360 (Motorola) and changed the port settings, which gave me full internet access on T-Mo's $5.99 plan, but I have not heard of any way to do this on a BB device. It relies on the service books and I don't know any way to get around that.
    How to upgrade your OS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12