Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have got Blackberry broswer without subscribing Data plan and able to surf wap browser ... General Smartphones forum

Reesh no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Browsing web without data plans

Advertisement

I have got Blackberry broswer without subscribing Data plan and able to surf wap browser successfully.

But how do i access Application viz Facebook, Y! msngr etc.?

Any help on this.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    What kind of device are you using? Who is your carrier?

Are you accessing via wi-fi or some other way. If you don't have wi-fi for access you're most likely in for some data charges in your future invoices from your carrier. FYI you won't have access to BB Messenger without a Blackberry plan.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Reesh no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am using Blackberry Pearl.

Carrier is Vodafone India.

I have downloaded Internet Browser in my Blackberry Pearl sucessfully without activating Data services of Blackberry!

I am using Internet browser with default Vodafone live service but when trying to access Yahoo Messenger, Face book etc it won't allow me to access it.

Any one have trick with the help of which these applications can be accessible without subscribing to Blackberry data plans?

Tricks are always welcome!!!

Which Pearl? Does it have wi-fi and could you be using that to access the internet? Facebook won't work on wi-fi without a data plan. Let us know more facts - specfic device, etc. - and we'll see if we can get you more specific answers.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

bofeity no está en línea Stack level 3
    Actually he's right, you can or rather could get free internet from Tmobile.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    If you're referring to the trick of getting the $5.99 plan and changing the TCP settings of the phone, it won't work on a BB. I'm inclined to agree with JB that he's accessing it over Wi-Fi.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    If you're referring to the trick of getting the $5.99 plan and changing the TCP settings of the phone, it won't work on a BB. I'm inclined to agree with JB that he's accessing it over Wi-Fi.
    you could be right, he's accessing a WI-FI network and doesn't even know it i wondering if his pearl is wifi and does he see it connect, i deal with stuff like this all day at work, and if he's not on a wifi network , man i feel sorry for the charges he will incure on his bill....lets hope its some kind of device glich though...

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    The trick is gonna be when he get that next bill if that pearl doesnt have wifi.
    I would like to be a fly on the wall when he open that envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    The trick is gonna be when he get that next bill if that pearl doesnt have wifi.
    I would like to be a fly on the wall when he open that envelope.
    OUCH! I hope we get his answer in time to save him some Rupees if that's the case!

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yeah! That could get very expensive. I believe that the 8120 is the only Pearl with WiFi. Unless one of the flipberries, like the 8220, has it.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    or find a couple of triforces to sell, or go defeat ganon.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The 8120 Pearl, 8220 Pearl Flip and 8320 Curve all have Wifi.

Funny though - Reesh never specifically said which device he has. We're assuming it's not the 8320 since he said it's a Pearl.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Funny though - Reesh never specifically said which device he has. We're assuming it's not the 8320 since he said it's a Pearl.
    Yeah and I'm willing to be he's either surfing over Wi-Fi or is about to get one nasty bill from his carrier. I have always thought that to be a bad business practice with carriers. If you don't have the data plan, it shouldn't allow you to access data features and then smack you with a bill. My wife's 8120 won't browse anything outside of T-Mobile's site and 3rd party apps requiring a data plan. It automatically redirects me to the page to signup for a data plan.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    ............. My wife's 8120 won't browse anything outside of T-Mobile's site and 3rd party apps requiring a data plan. It automatically redirects me to the page to signup for a data plan.
    I had an 8120 for a while (no data plan) and I could do a ton of stuff via wi-fi, basically the same as with my 8320 and my current 8900, all without data plans - all T-Mobile too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast