Hi Guys, After being with TMO for 8+ years my contract is about to expire ... General Smartphones forum

nikonianmike no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440425B

Bold 9700 TMO or Iphone 3gs ATT

Advertisement

Hi Guys,
    After being with TMO for 8+ years my contract is about to expire and for the past several months I have been waiting for the day. Now, only two days away I am having trouble deciding which way to go. I used to have a curve 8320 until I broke it into many pieces. It failed on me for the last time. I did like the phone when it worked (75% of the time). Now I am looking at the bold 9700 which seems very sweet. I am also looking at the iphone because it does cool things. Here is my questions:
    1. Are people happy with ATT as a provider. I heard a mixed bag of reviews about people hating it and switching over to other providers.
    2. Do you love the Iphone?
    3. How does the Bold 9700 handle? Do you love it? Is the OS alright? I used to get glitches with the curve all the time. The last one was a black screen that wouldn't go away until I did the battery pull. Several times a day. grrrr.
    4. I am on an excellent plan with TMO. It is the unlimited loyalty plan. 90 per month for two lines, unlimited minutes and then there is the add ons. With ATT the bill would be about the same.
    5. Bold or Iphone? Which way would you go?

PS. I run MAC computers at home. Will the Bold sync well with the MAC. The curve did not.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I love my iPhone and use it On TMO
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Philli01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yeah, just get you an iPhone n use T-Mobile
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    well Im going to play devil's advocate and go with the 9700. I used my sis-in-laws 3gs and liked it pretty well. That being said- I decided to go for the 9700, and it is hands down the best device Ive owned. Ive owned almost every Berry made, HTC, Nokia, Palm, etc. Im happy. Just play with them and decide, its about which one you like the best.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The Mac and BB do not play well. In fact you will be chasing your tail trying to do most everything.

I know this b/c I'm a Mac user and had the Bold.

In short I would also keep in mind the iP product cycle is about up and a new version will be announced soon.

Tough call on this one the 9700 is a great phone but much different than the iP. Can't really compare the two.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm more radical than my buddy Chokem - I have them both. But when the going gets tough guess which one I pick up ?
    The 9700 !

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had a "Baby Bold" 9700 but simply didn't like the small display with it's tiny web page rendering.

If you want the best web experience using a BlackBerry there is no substitute for the "Real Bold 9000".

Better yet is an iPhone 3Gs.

This is a smartphone that is very refined now in it's 3rd generation, and Apples finally got it right.

Next up will be an OS update which will also work on the current model. There is no need to wait for the next version as it follow along in Apples tradition of keeping the same basic hardware and exact same form factor. About the only "possible" upgrade would be an OLED display. However the current one is so good that unless you are prepared to pay handsomely should Apple make that change, it's hard to beat the current model at only $199.