hello pinstackers i wanted to ask all you bb users what is the better choice,my ... General Smartphones forum

risk116 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30fde7bb

blackberrycurve8330 or the storm?

Advertisement

hello pinstackers
    i wanted to ask all you bb users what is the better choice,my birthday comming up next month and my wife offered to buy me a blackberry storm,which seems like a great idea
    im now using the curve 8330 and love everything about it,ive always wanted a touch screen and heres my chance,but i dont know much about it and i hate to let my curve go,,id like to know from you guys what you think be the best option i worrie about the front being all glass and it getting ruined fast or not being able to get some of the programs i have now on my curve,,,so i cant make up my mind,but i dont want to pass on the birthday gift cause its a once in a life time chance at a touch screen,,id like to get some comments on this
    thank you all for your time
    risk116

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Hey, Happy early Birthday lol.

Well I think there are a few things to consider.

1) Keep in mind the Storm 2 should be coming out very soon. I think after your birthday but it is very close. That has a significance. Either you should wait for the Storm 2 if that is what you want. Or as the Storm 2 comes out the prices for the Storm will continue to drop making it even cheaper.

2)The Storm is a great phone, after all it is a BlackBerry. Many apps will run on the Storm, many better or specific just for the Storm. So I wouldn't worry about the applications too too much.

3) All a matter of opinion. As good as the Storm is, some people might just not like it or click with it. Its not that the Storm is bad or the 8300 is better, but touch screen is only for some people, and keyboards are for others. Because of this, I think the user experience between a touch screen device and a keyboard devices is really a matter of personal preference. To really decide if you like it, I would try to find a friend who has one and ask to play around with it. This was you can get a good hands on experience with it. If you don't know a friend with one, the next best thing is to hop on down to a Verizon store and try their store model.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I would tend to agree. The Storm would be a good choice. Most if not all of your apps will work and there is more free space. However as J mentioned the Storm 2 is right around the corner and would be well worth holding out for. The screen is seamless and it is a TRUE touch screen from all I have read and seen.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    I totally agree with cowboy and j with the storm2 right around the corner I would be inclined to wait for it to be released. You the could either go with the cheaper storm or the storm2.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

PIN/ID
    30fde7bb

yep thanks but

i agree thank you all for the feed back,but i think that is why my wife offered it to me is because shes getting the storm from virizon for 50 bucks,,lol that is why its so low of a price here is because of the storm 2, well if it aint much of a diffrent then the storm one then ill just go head and get the first storm since it is a present and it its 50 bucks,,,,,,so thats why its 50 bucks and thats why she offered it hmmm slick woman i have ayy,,,,lol well as long as it runs like you guys say i want it cause its a step up any way and i love the blackberry and they give you thirty days to try it if not they give you a refund so ill try it thanka again guys for all your help
    the one and only risk!!!!

PIN/ID
    30fde7bb
    well tomorrow ill get my new storm luckly cause this morning i dropped my curve in the toilet and it still comes on to the desktp but i cant get it to open anything i can scroll to other stuff but i cant click and open anything any one have any clues or what should i do???

crackaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Get a jar big enough for your curve to fit in. Take some rice and fill it up around curve to the top. Make sure you take the battery out and put it inside also. Leave the battery cover on that way you do not get any rice fillings inside. Let it sit for three or four days. Rice will absorb the water. I had water get inside mine after getting caught in the rain on my motorcycle. No ill effects still works like new. Good luck.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by crackaberry View Post
    Get a jar big enough for your curve to fit in. Take some rice and fill it up around curve to the top. Make sure you take the battery out and put it inside also. Leave the battery cover on that way you do not get any rice fillings inside. Let it sit for three or four days. Rice will absorb the water. I had water get inside mine after getting caught in the rain on my motorcycle. No ill effects still works like new. Good luck.
    Very good advice but the easier way is to get a large ziplock bag and take your BB and wrap it in a paper towel. Fill the bag with rice and leave for 24 to 48 hours. Do all of this without the battery in and within 1 or 2 days you should have your berry back. The only time I have seen this not work is when you don't remove the battery soon enough and it fries the board on the device. There is also no need to put the battery in but if it gives you piece of mind then go for it.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    for water damage if u can do this in enuff time, it will work quite well, get some silica gel (the little balls they tell u not to eat when u buy shoes or leather goods ect...) I have always had good luck with it!
    "good things come to tho's who wait"