Hi, I bought a BlackBerry Pearl off a friend and it still has his email ... General Smartphones forum

MissDangerAnne no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry Pearl Email

Advertisement

Hi, I bought a BlackBerry Pearl off a friend and it still has his email accounts on it and I have NO idea how to delete them and add my own email... I only have hotmail or yahoo and so when it asks me about the enterprise server I obviously do not have a password... can anyone help me out with how to go about fixing this?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Have you activated the device with your provider? Do you have a data plan? You will need a data plan to get access to e-mails, etc.

Who is your service provider?

MissDangerAnne no está en línea Stack level 1
    hmm ok as you can tell I am not very technologically literate... I haven't activated it... i'm with vodafone

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Ah, okay. Well, until you activate it with a data plan, you CAN go ahead and delete your friend's e-mail addresses off the device by deleting the Service Book entries.

From the home screen, go to the Options icon and click on that. Scroll to Advanced Options and click on that. Scroll to Service Book and click on that. You'll see a whole list of stuff, but the ones you're looking for will be e-mail addresses with CICAL (for the calendar) and CMIME (for the e-mail portion). Highlight each one of those, press the BB menu button (to the left of the trackball) and select Delete. This will remove them from the homescreen.

You will also need to make sure your friend has de-activated his BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) account and then you will be able to create your own and set up your e-mails through this service. The link you will go to is here, if you are Vodaphone UK.

Once you have activated, you can use this guide to assist you in setting up e-mail addresses, which you can also do through the E-mail Setup Wizard on your homescreen.

Please post back if you have more questions! That's why we're here!

BiggieMack25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ro-

Would wiping the handheld take care of all that deleting his email address stuff? Just wondering....
    Biggie Mack 25
    ....I can see my house from here.....

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggieMack25 View Post
    Ro-

Would wiping the handheld take care of all that deleting his email address stuff? Just wondering....
    Yes, wiping the device will also do that. You will also have to re-install the operating system of course when your done with the wiping.