Hi, I have a blackberry curve that has died on me!! Had it a few ... General Smartphones forum

Joewalsh38 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Curve

Advertisement

Hi,

I have a blackberry curve that has died on me!!

Had it a few weeks and one morning would not turn on. I took it back to the carphone warehouse who sent it off to be repaired, I was totally gob smacked to be told it had been water damaged... this is just not possible and has not happend. This phone has been no where near water. It came back with a photo of the side and an arrow sating water damage.

The store willnot help me out now, I have a brand new phone that wont work at all, does anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you buy it used or new? Also did you carry it in your pocket where it could have gotten sweaty?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Bought it brand new. Had it 5 weeks.
    Dont think it has gotten sweaty, would that really cause a problem like this? How do I get carphone warehouse to replace it, surely its a fault ?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yes, condensation like being in a sweaty pocket can cause water damage. I don't know what you can do to fight it if they say they have pics, unless you took pics before you sent it that show the water indicators showed no damage...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Ok, thanks for your help

Di you think this will be covered in the user manual??? Surely if theses causes faults then the item is not fir for purpose??? The item needs to be more robust than this! Do you think that the store will be aware of this and should offer some help, they are just saying talk to blackberry and leaving me to sort it on my own. Do you think I will have any joy with BB or know who I should speak too ?

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    You should check the little square tab on the back of your BB in the upper right corner once you remove the back cover. If that tab is still white then there is no water damage and they'd owe you a replacement device. If the square tab is reddish or pink, that indicates water damage and you'd have to get a new device.