Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I sold my Bold and used one of my upgrades to get the 8900. Its ... General Smartphones forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Advertisement

I sold my Bold and used one of my upgrades to get the 8900. Its sleeker, the screen resolution is superior, and the auto focus 3.2 mp camera is great. The Bold is an absolute beast when it comes to speed, but the added app memory on the 8900 made it worth the change. I'm keeping this until ATT releases a new model.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I sold my Bold and used one of my upgrades to get the 8900. Its sleeker, the screen resolution is superior, and the auto focus 3.2 mp camera is great. The Bold is an absolute beast when it comes to speed, but the added app memory on the 8900 made it worth the change. I'm keeping this until ATT releases a new model.
    Actually chokem, I thought the screen resolution was better too. On further examination though it turns out that the resolution is the same. Its looks much better because the screen on the 8900 is slightly smaller. So, the same resolution on a smaller screen looks much better.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Depends on what you're looking for really. I use mine both for media/communication. As stated, the Bold has a faster processor, but for me, the feel of the 8900. the better camera, and screen resolution made it the better choice for me. Also, I don't have 3G anywhere close to where I live, so that wasn't a factor in my decision.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

passioneve no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20F89C84
    I went from a curve 8310 to 8900? I love it.....
    i forever love me....

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I've had both. The screen size is awesome on the bold. So are the keys. The body size is super on the 8900. They camera on the 8900 is also awesome. You can't go wrong with either one.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Now I'm really torn. AllTel has historically been one of the carriers in my region with excellent coverage. Something AT&T sorely lacks. AllTel is now Verizon Wireless, so I can go get a Tour next week. Better coverage, nicer phone than 8900 or the Bold. But I lock myself up for 2 years over "there" and possibly can't get into the Onyx or Magnum, which I think I'd like better. Decisions, decisions....

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I currently have the 8310, and I'm trying to decide between Bold or 8900. I don't have 3G in the area where I live, so that is not a selling point. The only thing I can see between the two when 3G is taken away is the different processors. Leaning towards the 8900, but I can't make up my mind whenever I'm in the store. Ha!
    How did u like the keyboards? I cannot type on the 8900 and I have tiny fingers

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    I've never had an issue typing on my 8310, so I don't see me having a problem with the 8900. The Tour's keyboard looks like the Bold's, which I think I like better. *sigh* decisions, decisions

PS Hi Cheri! U will be getting a new PIN soon, one way or the other. Hehe!

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    i got another bold because i missed mine, i switch back between my bold and 8900. Use my 8900 more when i leave Canada because i can put a any simcard in my 8900 because its unlock. I love both devices but camera is way better on the 8900.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    When I switched from my 8120, it took a bit to get used to the keyboard. The buttons are quite small compared to the Pearl, but with a bit of practice, I'm typing just as fast.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    The question is 3G or no 3G..really I could care less for 3G. I don't like holding bricks but hey that's just me . Good luck on your decision.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    I've never had an issue typing on my 8310, so I don't see me having a problem with the 8900. The Tour's keyboard looks like the Bold's, which I think I like better. *sigh* decisions, decisions

PS Hi Cheri! U will be getting a new PIN soon, one way or the other. Hehe!
    the 8900 is narrower so it will be somewhat different than the 8310. are you going to switch carriers for the Tour?

send me PIN when you make up your mind

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    The question is 3G or no 3G..really I could care less for 3G. I don't like holding bricks but hey that's just me . Good luck on your decision.
    i thought the same thing when i HAD to buy the bold. i was so bummed that it was bigger and heavier than my 8310. I'm already used to the size and weight. using the 8310 feels like its a fake phone

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    i love both, but yeah the bold is a brick, compared to the 8900. If u dont need 3G go with a 8900.. Remember some area dont support 3G.

adils no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just switched on to 8900, and I loved it. I too was a bit confused whether to go for Bold or 8900, but now am haPpy being a proud owner of 8900

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12