Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Alright, I pulled the trigger. Should be here tomorrow and then I will find out ... General Smartphones forum

scootersdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Alright, I pulled the trigger. Should be here tomorrow and then I will find out all this stuff for sure. Worse comes to worse I can always send it back and I'm out $45.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^N1 ? same network?

Good choice, I'm sure you will love it. Congrats

Yes, N1. I still have 11 months left on my TMO contract with my BB 8320 but I will hopefully just have to plug in the battery, swap my SIM card and away we go.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Way to go, I think the change over will be painless and you are going to be happy with the web surfing. In fact I'm going to guess you will surf the web more than you ever have via the phone.

I will see how I make out and give the full report in a few days. Thanks for everyone's replies.

Not a peep from Google so I guess I ordered after the cutoff yesterday and it didn't ship yet after all. I stipulated overnight shipping so hopefully tomorrow.

It arrived! Waiting for the battery to charge...chomp chomp chomp.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Congrats! What are your first impressions out of the box?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Heck plug it in and fire it up. Charging is for later when we are asleep .

First impressions are:

Nice screen resolution
    Holy crap is this hard to type on (first time with touchscreen)
    Very VERY confusing navigating back and forth between the browser, bookmarks and apps but I'm starting to get it. Probably helps if you're 18 years old and then you just know all this stuff via osmosis.
    Hooked it up to the house wifi no problem and it took the sim card no problem. Phone dialing is interesting. I had a very hard time figuring out how to answer the phone but I'm sure I'll get it.

It's going to take some getting used to that's for sure. I'm not convinced this is going to be better than my Curve though. More complicated is not necessary a better thing.

Also, it's way too slippery. I have a Seidio cover and holster coming for it though.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Give it time. Sometimes making a change can be slow going.

The technology in the phone's OS is cutting edge.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Oh yeah, I'm willing to give it a few weeks. After three BBs in a row though over the past 6 years it's a big leap to go to this type of device.

I will say, there is certainly a seductive quality to this type of technology. The web browsing is so much better than the BB that's for darned sure. It is interesting how you can see the whole webpage and then zoom in to read the parts you want to read. Really, these things are quite magical.

Just wish there was a how to manual for operating it. The user videos I have seen are useless and content free. The Google sponsored videos were better but still don't give you that much info.

I have to figure out how to get my email pointed to this device. That and a dozen other things. It will be interesting to see how I make out with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12