so while i was walking around SoHo here in Manhattan afterwork last night, i came ... General Smartphones forum

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me

BBM 5.0 Barcode scanner

Advertisement

so while i was walking around SoHo here in Manhattan afterwork last night, i came across yellow tape, like the ones they use for police and construction sites, that said "Humans not permitted". it was an ad for the District 9 movie. it contained a QR barcode like the one for the new BBM 5.0. so i used the bbm scanner and it sent my BB's phone browser to the youtube page containing the original District 9 short film. its not just for adding new bbm contacts! sweet!
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Niiiiice... makes me wonder what else can be scanned...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    well i just tried a qr code i had made weeks ago that take one to my facebook page and it worked! i guess you can scann any QR code that resembles the one we have for our BBM info
    Resistance Is Futile

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ;)
    Wow that's a trip I'm still wondering how this barcode thing works and how do u scan I other barcodes???
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B
    That's pretty cool. But to be clear, you pretended like you were adding a contact in BBM?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I haven't tried it yet, but I've seen the square bar codes on the disposable hand soap dispensers, and paper towel rolls. Now that I realize what they are I'm gonna have to go find one!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    the codes look similar to the ones we have for our bbm.
    Resistance Is Futile

adils no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow, never knew it had so many functionalities
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by soljawitstripes View Post
    Wow that's a trip I'm still wondering how this barcode thing works and how do u scan I other barcodes???
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    Go into your BBM, select "add contact", then from the list select "scan invitation barcode from another BlackBerry", if you scan a code from someone using BBM 5.0 then you'll get their contact information, if you scan other barcodes similar to the one you have for BBM 5.0 you'll sometimes get a message or sent to a website... depending on how the barcode is set up... I think this is a pretty cool feature and I'm just waiting to see what else is coming by using these barcodes.