I am using 8900, slightly dismayed with trackball performance, otherwise I love the device. So ... General Smartphones forum

adils no está en línea Stack level 3

BB 8900 or Nokia E71?

Advertisement

I am using 8900, slightly dismayed with trackball performance, otherwise I love the device. So was just wondering whether to try E71 or not? As thread suggests couple of users have tried both, so I am sure your opinion will be pretty fact based. So should I switch over to E71 or shud I stick to 8900? More then the track ball issue, I will be interested to have a comparisson with respect to performance, speed, browsing experience, email handling, messengers (BB messenger)?
    Looking forward to expert opinion, and thanks in advance.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125

blacberry215 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30CB1546
    i like them both

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    The Nokia E71 is a really nice smartphone. I tested one while trying to make the same decision that you are making, the 8900 or the E71. The only thing that I noticed was that the qwerty keyboard on the E71 is smaller than the 8900, and it was hard for me to hit the right keys all the time. The biggest difference was the display, the 8900 blew the E71 away! Other than that, the Symbian OS is nice and very fast. I guess that I'm just a Blackberry loyalist, so I chose the 8900 and I'm glad that I did. The 8900 has tons of application memory and everything that I need in a smartphone, plus some. I am really happy with the awesome performance of the 8900.

adils no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hmm you are very right about the keyboard being smaller, I tried it out this evening and I too was finding hard to hit right.
    I suppose I need to stick to my phone; and get this trackball serviced from some place. Thanks RayZ for the valuable input
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125