ok need help with my friends 8330, she just got a replacement bb because she ... General Smartphones forum

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

bb 8330 losing sounds when message comes in? why?

Advertisement

ok need help with my friends 8330, she just got a replacement bb because she was losing alert sounds when a message was coming in. we did transfer everything from her old bb to the new and when i wiped the phone all the alerts worked. well now on her new one the same thing is happening. she said all this happened about a month ago, i suggested it was a app but she said she hasent added anything, well i know she did but, bla bla bla. anyways, any suggestions or has this happened to anybody. oh, when she re sets the phone the alerts work but then they just stop after a while

thanks
    camshafter

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Look for errors in the event log(Alt LGLG) that may point to the cause. If not, wipe it, reload the OS and add apps back slowly til she can narrow down the culprit
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ok, thanks

siver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Look for errors in the event log(Alt LGLG) that may point to the cause. If not, wipe it, reload the OS and add apps back slowly til she can narrow down the culprit
    Azstar, can you please explain what this event log is (the purpose), can it be safely deleted (I'm assuming it takes up valuable memory) and how do you know if there is an error? Does it say error?

Thanks in advance...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The event log records system events, if there is an error or severe error it will be in bold print, it can be deleted, it is strictly for trouble shooting purposes. It does not take up that much memory and deletes older entries on its own....but some people think it helps and delete it daily(personally, I never found deleting it to give me enough free memory for it to be worth it). If you see an error you can click on it and view more details.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

siver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the assistance Azstar. Never knew what this was for and have been able to click on the "bold" ones, showing me the errors...not that they make sense, b/c they listed a whole bunch of .mp3's (said they weren't found) and when I went to my media section, those same .mp3's, that showed the error, still showed up in the list and played.