hi im tryin to follow instructions on how to install a new os on my ... General Smartphones forum

shortie25 no está en línea Stack level 1

bb

Advertisement

hi im tryin to follow instructions on how to install a new os on my bb bold i have save the latest os on my computer and the next step is meant to be i open the command prompt and enter information in the problem is that it keeps saying that its not reconised as an internal or an external command operable program or batch file so i dont know what should i do... if anyone can help i'd be gratful................

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Shortie......welcome to PinStack.

I don't recognize the instructions you've posted about installing the OS. There is a thread in the Technical Support Bog link in my signature with detailed instructions on upgrading/installing your OS. Please reference that thread and post back if you still have questions.

Here is the thread I was referencing......

ok so i got ur thead on another page but i also got my command prompt now u say dat i need to delete da vendor file how do i do dat cause the other site just said to put in the info dat u put (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader) den i get that msg that i wrote in my 1st thread so if u cud tell me how to delete the vendor file maybe that is where im going wrong. thks

In this folder is where you will find the vendor.xml file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

It will be at the bottom of the list of files....

Just put your mouse pointer on the file, right click on it, then select Delete.

ok done that gonna hav a go with da rest of the instruction and c how i go thks

Okay, please post back if you have more questions.

While your upgrade is working, please familiarize yourself with our Forum Rules and Guidelines.