I am, and I find it both fun & educational. I'm not married to any ... General Smartphones forum

Archer2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Are You A Multiplatformist?

Advertisement

I am, and I find it both fun & educational. I'm not married to any brand, model, or OS. Instead I enjoy several, choosing to focus on their strengths & enjoy them. In computing I use Windows 7, OS X Snow Leopard, & Unbuntu 10.x Linux. On the Smartfone front I use an iPhone 3Gs & a few Android phones. Thus I have choices, flexibilty, and the ability to minimize limitations.

If you are a multiplatformist or not, check in here with your comments. I'd like to hear from you.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    You sound like PinStack is the perfect place for you. But of course I would say that. I'm also a "Multiplatformist", not loyal to any one platform but loyal to the best solution or best fit for me. Currently, that's the iPhone 3GS. We will see how this changes as more and more smartphones and OS's are released.

Archer2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Currently if I was to choose just one smartphone to carry it would be the iPhone. The only negative aspect is it's lack of support for flash. From what I've seen the new iPhone 4 has some welcome new (to it) features. The new flat sides will make it less slippery to hold. I just wish it had a 4.3" display like the HTC HD2. I use the web a lot, therefore the additional display size would be welcome.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I have used android, windows mobile, just about every berry, and had a few iphones......I currently have and love my 9700. The biggest downfall to the iphone in my opinion is the battery life and that is why I haven't kept one to date. My tilt, G1, and mytouch 3G all had ok battery life but man o man the 9700 Bold 2 is hands down the best device to have if battery life without an extended battery is what you need. I like em all though....If I could afford it I'd keep one of each on hand
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    So I guess I posted this prematurly....I got an iPhone again this morning lmao.... I have a problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmay82 View Post
    I have used android, windows mobile, just about every berry, and had a few iphones......I currently have and love my 9700. The biggest downfall to the iphone in my opinion is the battery life and that is why I haven't kept one to date. My tilt, G1, and mytouch 3G all had ok battery life but man o man the 9700 Bold 2 is hands down the best device to have if battery life without an extended battery is what you need. I like em all though....If I could afford it I'd keep one of each on hand
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I am in Hayden's boat as well. I am not glued to any platform except for Windows (PC) because of the games I play and because I have always used it. Jobs Attitude towards Adobe and flash kind of rubs me the wrong way...but... the iphone matches my needs at the current time. Blackberries are awesome too, but I love the touch screen. If I had to leave the Iphone, say my phone broke, I would probably go back to T-Mobile and get a HTC HD2.. I love that screen

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    ^Don't forget about the HTC Evo coming to Sprint in June. It is like HTC HD2 but running Android and 4G