Via PCWORLD : By now, we're all familiar with Apple's culture of control. Particularly when ... General Smartphones forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Apple Bans the Word 'Android' From App Store

Advertisement

Via PCWORLD: By now, we're all familiar with Apple's culture of control. Particularly when it comes to the App Store, the crew from Cupertino is famous for its frequent rejections and vague explanations. The process can make the satirical comparisons of Apple and a communist regime seem pretty reasonable at times.

This, my friends, is one of those instances. Apple has apparently just forbidden a developer from using the word "Android" in his app's description. The message: Drop the A-word, or drop your application.

[Read More]

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Can they call it macdroid? Or approid? Will it be ok with the commies at apple's headquarters?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Paranoia, pettiness, or just flexing muscle? This echos of Wal-Mart's dictation concerning pricing they receive from their vendors. Another example of "king of the hill" syndrome. Right or wrong, this is how big business operates. Like the author of the article said-"come on Apple, you're better than that".
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    This just makes Apple look scared of the competition....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I have a feeling Apple is getting ready to raise the bar again around June and they are just preparing for that by some of their odd behavior.

The next gen iPhone (specs) and OS (specs) will be much different than what we are used to. Apple always has a plan and since they keep it secret it's easy to think it's negative.

Let's hope it help keep things easy and productive along with stable for the average user.

I don't like funny business either but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    iphone specs or OS specs have nothing to do with this childish behavior from Apple.

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    I'm at a loss for words!