Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Themetria My BlackBerry never leaves my pocket or my hand, anyway. Honestly, ... General Smartphones forum

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Themetria View Post
    My BlackBerry never leaves my pocket or my hand, anyway. Honestly, it is almost as though the damn thing is glued to me.
    That's true of most of us. Do you use a bluetooth headset? Your phone can be compromised by its signal to the headset with a laptop and a special scanner. Gave up mine because of this little fact. There is actually a blog that tells you how to do it. You need a laptop that has a bluetooth receiver and the right software. Bam!! Gotcha.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by boomermarkovich View Post
    Do you use the mobile version or do you use the pc version? The mobile version uses real time protection and says it works on many different types of platforms but I didn't see where it supports BB. Looked good otherwise. Trying the free version of the one I posted prev.
    I use the PC version.
    So far real time protection for a BB is almost a null point.
    So far anyway, with the built in security for the BB, there's not been 1 instance of a virus, etc that has been downloaded OTA.
    Therefore, you only need the PC version to scan the BB and the SD memory card.

(So Far)
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    wow, reading trough the post all i can say is... wow...
    i learn something new every day...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Not to be dumb about this but if someone installed a application on my phone I would know right away. I check my free memory and close all uneeded apps so if the spy software was running in the background I would know
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Good luck with that.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Its only a matter of time till this was out, scary but sorrta cool. I would NOT be suprized if ALL mobile carriers or manufactures of cell phones, laptops, TVs, ect, hasent already sold their soul, of this info to the government, and using it on us, for terrorist reasons.?

iLord is DEAD!

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    Not to be dumb about this but if someone installed a application on my phone I would know right away. I check my free memory and close all uneeded apps so if the spy software was running in the background I would know

Actually, no you would not know the app was there. Given the right circumstances and motivation I could upload the virus into a simple plug in made to look like an update with a Facebook icon or sum such. Also, I could scan bluetooths with my laptop in an air port and give you a hundred phone numbers in 30 minutes or upload a virus via bluetooth.
    Most viruses are really small on purpose so as not to be detected. They are meant not to take up energy or space. They are meant to "phone home" your info when you are using it so as to escape detection. When you're surfing the web they send their signal back to home. Maybe your running a little slow this time, so you figure it's just the signal.
    Last edited by boomermarkovich; 05-14-2009 at 05:56 PM.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

Jonathank110 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F7AB0
    Wow i've heard of stuff like this but as long as u have a pass on ur phone u shud b fine
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12