I read an interesting post on Slashgear today about how Android 2.4 Icecream will be ... General Smartphones forum

Dollface5566 no está en línea Stack level 2

Android Icecream for smart phones, Honeycomb for tablets?

Advertisement

I read an interesting post on Slashgear today about how Android 2.4 Icecream will be the next significant update for Android smart phones, while Android 3.0 Honeycomb will probably come out for the tablet versions. The article also mentioned the significant modified UI of Honeycomb, which would make sense for Android to keep the two platforms separate, but my question is in how far this would have implications for app developers. Sounds so confusing… Any thoughts on this?
    Hi, nice to meet you!

MisterGooglehead no está en línea Stack level 2
    This is just a rumor, right? I thought they didn’t even know what Icecream is gonna be.
    Hello!

Candypants no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think all those names are confusing. What’s with the food names all of a sudden? I mean… how did they go from Froyo to Gingerbread to Honeycomb? And now Icecream…??
    Hi,all!

morganlawerence no está en línea Stack level 1

Dixie5566 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The videos from CES never gave me the impression that honeycomb was that different from existing version. Sure, there was some extra visual effects, GPU accelerated most likely, but the major android elements where still there (widgets, multiple desktops and so on).
    Haha!