Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

So, Cas has an upgrade due on Oct 1st. 18 days away. Target has the ... General Smartphones forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Absolutely worst customer service. Why Sprint is hands down the worst carri

Advertisement

So, Cas has an upgrade due on Oct 1st. 18 days away.
    Target has the S4 on sale, essentially free after trade and employee discount and gift card. See where I'm going?

Called sprint. Can they push an upgrade through a few days early so we could get the phone? Nope. They claim that the line isn't available for early upgrade, end of story.

I call retentions.I politely ask, that before we cancel a line, why it wasn't eligible for an 18 day early upgrade. After about 20 years with them I'd just like to know.

Suddenly there is a way to upgrade early. If I give em $25 they will allow it. Hey a little more than $1 for every year with them! Whatta deal!

At this point I'm a tad angry, but arguing in a store isn't doing the headache I've had all day any good. So OK, you win.

So, here we go. The Target employee asks for my SSN and phone number. The computer says its wrong. We try the primary account holders, nope. Cas...nope. The the computer says the account has been locked by the carrier.

Really?

Call them back. 1st they apparently mistook "yes I'll pay $25" for "No thanks, I went through all this for the fun of it".

2nd, we have a corporate account. This can be only upgraded at a Sprint store. This, as you may guess, is news to me. We have no corp account, and I've upgraded outside a sprint store before. They insist even after I pull up the account and ask them to do the same, wanting to know where it said it was a corporate account. Amazingly it doesn't. And according to the guy on the phone, there it shouldn't. What?
    Its a corporate account because we use the discount sprint offers for Target Employees. So, every Target employee is a corporate customer with corporate accounts that they can't upgrade at Target. Wow.

So, no way to get the upgrade at a Target.

Apparently being a customer for all those years means nothing. Apparently keeping customers is not a priority for sprint.

I've left a lot out, because it just got more and more ridiculous. The more I pushed the dumber his replies became. Did you know that Sprint allows contract extensions 20 months. That's right 4 months before the contract expires they will renew, just not 4 months and 18 days.

Won't be using this upgrade. Won't be using mine in January.

If, for whatever reason you ever are asked if Sprint is a good choice, please slap whomever asked and respond with a resounding "Hell No!".

cmcooley likes this.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Wow man. That sucks! To be fair, all carriers have sh!t CS. VZW has been the best to me though.

cmcooley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    None
    I didn't talk to them but just hearing the one side and what was relayed it was enough to make me mad. What made absolutely no sense about it was we've upgraded at targetwith that same guy. we never had issues then and we had the discount then too. Stupid ignorant people who care only about themselves.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.". Philippians 4:13

Absolutely nothing I can do. So basically he told me, we're sorry, we just don't care.

I mean really. We don't care if you stay, go, we just don't care.

I don't get it. Upgrading locks us for another 2 years, but they don't want it.

I'm flabbergasted.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow that blows.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Sorry Jay and Cass that is about the worst that I have heard. May even beat my At&t story. So does this mean Sprint is on it's way out for the Cooley's?

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Wow this is so bad in so many ways, I would have been angry if it was after 2 years, but a loyal customers for so many years and they don't care! Leave them!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Sorry Jay and Cass that is about the worst that I have heard. May even beat my At&t story. So does this mean Sprint is on it's way out for the Cooley's?

Well straight talk will use sprint phones.
    The buyouts are amusing, but I know that if I roam more than 300mb consistently they kick you with no etf.

So.....I'm going to download a few Roms while roaming.

if we owned gsm devices I'd try that deal roger has.

I'm calling them today. I want someone to be honest and tell me when they stopped caring about their customers. Its clear they don't.

I think the biggest load is that we are being told we can't upgrade anywhere other than a Sprint store.

Well, may be a solution.
    Will know more in a little bit.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Seems you just got the wrong CSR. Hope you get it sorted.

Yeah...no.
    No upgrade, and I'm not happy.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Sucks. What the heck happened?

No early upgrade. For some reason they're stocking to that and the corporate account thing. Just going to wait out.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Bad luck Jay. Don't worry, time flies.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    If you have been with Sprint for so long, you must have had an account prior to the Target connection, so when they changed you over to a corporate account did you sign any documentation to say you agreed to the change? If not can they legally change your account without your knowledge?
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2