Just a quick, and probably very noobish question, but here it goes anyway. I am ... General Smartphones forum

Madscotsman no está en línea Stack level 2

3G Terminology Question

Advertisement

Just a quick, and probably very noobish question, but here it goes anyway.

I am currently an AT&T subscriber and have always been on GSM networks and am very familiar with the terminology associated with it. Recently I have become increasingly dissatisfied with the level of service that I have been receiving. So I now find myself pondering a switch to Verizon. My question mainly is in regards to the comparison of terms between GSM/CDMA. I am trying to determine what equals what between the two in regards to the display of 3G service on the phones themselves.

Incase I just confused anyone, basically.....

Does 1xEV = 3G and 1xRTT = EDGE? Also is there any difference in the display regarding Rev. A or Rev. 0?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything"

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    First see if 3G is in your area, if so maybe upgrading your device would fix the issue.
    1xEV is 3G. Just verizon uses CDMA technology. 1xRTT is about the same speed as EDGE. Depending on network coverage speeds vary between all them. For example when I had sprint it was fast, but when I got att. The 3G from them was slightly faster and more reliable.
    Rev. A is the faster than Rev. O. Another thing is that a cdma device in this country can only be used in this country. Unless flashed by another service provider for its use. Basically a verizon phone can only be used on verizon. With a gsm phone you can use it anywhere in the world.
    Hope I was able to help you. Anymore questions or confused just let us know and we will answer your questions.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Madscotsman no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks so much for the information. Very helpful.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Glad I could help. Anytime.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102