Hi all, My question is as follows. I am redesigning a business card for my ... General Smartphones forum

stuntfoto no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 2D Barcode Question

Advertisement

Hi all,
    My question is as follows.

I am redesigning a business card for my company and have considered putting a 2d "contact" barcode on the card. This way a client can take a picture of the card and have all my information in their phone without much typing.

Is there a universal program out there that can capture AND input contact information into a phones address book via photo of a 2d barcode? Now before i get messages with a list of 100 applications... It has to be universal, meaning... The person can take a pic of the barcode with an iPhone and it would still be in the same format as the blackberry user.

So.. If i had an iPhone (with such program) and a blackberry (with such program), I would be able to to take a pic of the same barcode and it would work with both phones (programs). Im not looking for an individual list of barcode programs, Im looking for a program that can scan 2d barcodes and run on multiple models of phones..

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    I don't know of any apps that scan a discrete barcode and use it to generate the contact info, BUT there are a few apps for iphone, android and BBOS that scan actual business cards and grab the info and import it in to your contact list.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

kewlphatdude no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24b15836
    I think this is what you are looking for

http://www.qrstuff.com/

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntfoto View Post
    Hi all,
    My question is as follows.

I am redesigning a business card for my company and have considered putting a 2d "contact" barcode on the card. This way a client can take a picture of the card and have all my information in their phone without much typing.

Is there a universal program out there that can capture AND input contact information into a phones address book via photo of a 2d barcode? Now before i get messages with a list of 100 applications... It has to be universal, meaning... The person can take a pic of the barcode with an iPhone and it would still be in the same format as the blackberry user.

So.. If i had an iPhone (with such program) and a blackberry (with such program), I would be able to to take a pic of the same barcode and it would work with both phones (programs). Im not looking for an individual list of barcode programs, Im looking for a program that can scan 2d barcodes and run on multiple models of phones..
    Yes there is, any "Barcode Scanner" for any mobile phone will scan and capture the image (providing it was produced as a Vcard) and give one the option to "Add to Contacts" The post above mine has a very helpful link to create a Barcode Vcard.