Probably obvious, but I just discovered this: Suppose you want a reminder for WWDC, 10am ... iPhone Guides forum

Earthkanu no está en línea Stack level 1

iPhone Time Zone Calandar Tricks for overseas events

Advertisement

Probably obvious, but I just discovered this:

Suppose you want a reminder for WWDC, 10am June 8 in San Francisco, on your iPhone. I'm going overseas to NZ then, and converting timezones is annoying (Basic I know, but I usually end up getting it about an hour out)

So:

Go into Settings, then Mail, Contacs, Calandars.
    Scroll to Time Zone Support under Calendars and tap it.
    Make sure Time Zone Support is ON.
    Tap Time Zone, and start typing your event location, in this case, San Francisco.
    Hit the home button, go into iCal on the phone, and Create a new event for June 8th, 10AM.

Now go back to Settings, then Mail, Contacs, Calandars.
    Scroll to Time Zone Support under Calendars and tap it.
    Time Zone Support can be switched off, and with it off as you travel all calendar events will be shown in your local time zone. Or you could leave it ON, and set it to Adelaide, or Melbourne, to lock your calendar events to display relevant to that locale.

Either way, you'll see now in iCal that you have a 2:30am alarm for WWDC if you're in Adelaide, or a 5:00am one when I'm in New Zeland, etc.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm sure not everyone knows this. I'm thinking about getting a mac in the near future. There are many things/applications I need to become familiar with. Thanks for sharing