Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

They may have read the 1st post and used the "Add reply" above the first ... iPhone Guides forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

They may have read the 1st post and used the "Add reply" above the first post. Never really seeing the 3G on 3.0 OS information?

IDK.....

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    Will Mobile Installation Patch work for OS 3.0?
    miPatch WILL NOT WORK on OS 3.0! Do NOT install it!

Instead, install AppSync for OS 3.0. It has the same effect as miPatch: you'll be able to sync your apps to and from iTunes. But it's made specifically for OS 3.0.

Where does one get appsync from? I can't find it in cydia.
    Last edited by hyphen; 07-11-2009 at 01:25 PM.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I have a question. Is there a preferred jaikbreaking method for the 3g with 3.0. I tried the pwndage method with redsnow. I was able to jailbreak it but I was only able to open up cydia once. After that it constantly crashed or could never. Connect. I tried restoring and rejailbreaking it numerous times but I had no luck. Is there some methods that are better than others that give better results? I finally gave up and no longer have a jailbroken iPhone.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    I have a question. Is there a preferred jaikbreaking method for the 3g with 3.0. I tried the pwndage method with redsnow. I was able to jailbreak it but I was only able to open up cydia once. After that it constantly crashed or could never. Connect. I tried restoring and rejailbreaking it numerous times but I had no luck. Is there some methods that are better than others that give better results? I finally gave up and no longer have a jailbroken iPhone.

did you read or just felt like posting? redsnow thru cydia add ultrasnow as a source nd your good read this thread all 2 pages 1st
    how vain it is for me to sit down and write when alot of you yahoo's never stood up to live ps give thanks when ur helped if you dont ur the yahoo i talk about... sorta

PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    did you read or just felt like posting? redsnow thru cydia add ultrasnow as a source nd your good read this thread all 2 pages 1st
    I just had surgery yesterday and it's possible that I missed something while reading but that comment was totally unnecessary and unprofessional. If there's a post that I missed that would answer my question then direct me to the post. The sarcasm is not constructive and a waste of your own time.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    redsn0w seems to be the best and using Ultasn0w after to unlock should work the same. I think the Mac version seems to have less issues but I'm not sure why.

When in doubt start fresh. Restore your 3G with 3.0 and then begin the JB process again. Keep in mind not everything in Cydia is updated for 3.0 so take it slow when adding Apps or new addons. They can cause issues.

Are you using a PC or Mac to JB?

JB with redsn0w using Windows instruction

JB with redsn0w using Mac instructions

Unlock install after JB instructions

Last edited by srl7741; 07-11-2009 at 07:27 PM.

PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I'm using a windows pc. And thank you for attempting to help.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    website updated to reflect os changes. finallyhad some free time to do an update
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

martinkingkng no está en línea Stack level 1
    Do you think the iPhone 3G is awesome? Well, I can't say I totally disagree, but it seems there are a lot of problems with it. The iPhone 3G's camera still doesn't have a flash, and there are no replaceable batteries for it, either.
    Last edited by azstar; 07-30-2009 at 11:40 PM. Reason: removed spam link

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Since the Apple update today, I'm reading that redsn0w will jailbreak a 3GS running 3.0.1.
    Can anyone confirm if this is true?

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    yes, you just update via itunes to 3.0.1 and then jailbreak with redsn0w using the 3.0 IPSW instead of the 3.0.1 one.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

qthaiduongvnn no está en línea Stack level 1
    good explanation lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123