On launch day from Eric, head of Ovi product marketing: Hi all, Shortly after launching ... Nokia News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Nokia's Ovi Store overwhelmed at launch, apology issued

Advertisement

On launch day from Eric, head of Ovi product marketing:
    Hi all,

Shortly after launching the Ovi Store at 2 am ET, we began experiencing extraordinarily high spikes of traffic that resulted in some performance issues for users accessing store.ovi.com and store.ovi.mobi. We immediately began to address this issue by adding servers, which resulted in intermittent performance improvements. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused Ovi Store users and encourage you to continue giving us feedback as we develop the service further.
    The Ovi Store device client, however, has continued to perform very well and there were no reported issues from users logged on through that entry point.

We’ll keep you posted,
    Eric
    Read More

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The more I look at the new N97 phone the more I like what I see. It's nice to see everyone (device makers) starting to give us more of what we have been asking for.

quassi61 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21933bd3
    I Love my nokia E71 more than my Blackberry and I'm glad to see that the store is launched

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423
    Man, I try to ignore the N97. That's the dream phone. But the 8900 has enough for me atm.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

james347 no está en línea Stack level 1
    After reading about launch of Ovi Store i too checked the website and found too much slow but now it working normal and i have downloaded few applications for my nokia 5800 XpressMusic phone.