Nokia news hasn't exactly been coming out of the woodwork lately, but the folks over ... Nokia News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Nokia RX-51

Advertisement

Nokia news hasn't exactly been coming out of the woodwork lately, but the folks over at Endgadget have managed to score some photos of one of Nokia's newest tablets, named the RX-51. While information on this device is sketchy at best, an article from Gadgetsblog says,

"And this RX-51 Nokia cell phone gadgets product is an Internet tablet and last month issued a new SDK Maema and devices used in this Linux distribution to these and RX-51 Nokia cell phone gadgets is indicate some features of the future team just like example :

* Screen resolution of 800 by 480 pixels. * Screen resolution of 800 by 480 pixels.

* Support for both chambers. * Support for both Chambers. The most advanced auto could count, flash, and a resolution of 2608 by 1966 pixels, about 5 megapixels The most advanced auto could count, flash, and a resolution of 2608 by 1966 pixels, about 5 megapixels

* FM transmitter and receiver * FM transmitter and receiver

* Accelerometer * Accelerometer

* WiFi b and g standards under * WiFi b and g standards under

* Internal Memory 128 megabytes DDR manufactured by Samsung * Internal Memory 128 megabytes DDR manufactured by Samsung

* Keyboard is similar to the N810, with a few extra keys * Keyboard is similar to the N810, with a few extra keys

* Chipset OMAP3 ARM Texas Instruments, with support for frequency scaling * Chipset OMAP3 ARM Texas Instruments, with support for frequency scaling

* Linux Operating System based on Maema 5 * Linux Operating System based on Maema 5"

Bear in mind that this is all being translated from Indonesian, so I realize the English isn't the best. As mentioned on Endgadget, the photos does sport a 5 MP camera and a SIM card slot (care to speculate on the US carrier). This looks like a seriously nice device for Nokia fans out there.

Full article (from Engadget) here.

Full picture gallery (from Mobile Bulgaria.org) here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Heard a rumor that this might hit tmobile,any truth to that,I wouldn't keep my hopes up.
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Nokia makes some nice stuff!!

My first credit-card sized phone was a Nokia!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    The Linux Operating System may justify the low RAM? (128MB)

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    It's DDR though. 128mb for that size device should be fine.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yes as far as speed but I was more worried about capacity as opened apps, cache, system OS processes etc start to fill it up. Hands on should say a lot.

Nokia seems to have a different approach that achieves good speed even with slower processors using faster but lower capacity RAM. The N97 is also 128MB, hinting that Symbian and Maema 5 are very CPU and memory efficient OS's:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/16782...e_a_users.html

Last few weeks I've been looking into the Symbian OS (http://developer.symbian.org/) and I've found that an essential characteristic of the Symbian OS is that from that start it was designed for devices where the amount of memory and resources available was limited. So 128MB may be like 256MB as far as the % used... yet to confirm that, but I do hope.