Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PressDisplay.com launches for BlackBerry NewspaperDirect Inc. today announced that the world's largest online newspaper kiosk, ... Palm News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Over 500 newspapers in the palm of your hand

Advertisement

PressDisplay.com launches for BlackBerry

NewspaperDirect Inc. today announced that the world's largest online newspaper kiosk, PressDisplay.com, is now available on all the latest BlackBerry devices, including the new BlackBerry Curve 8300, the BlackBerry Pearl 8100, and the BlackBerry 8800.

PressDisplay.com provides online digital replicas of more than 500 newspapers and magazines, from 70 countries, in 37 languages, making it an indispensable news source for anyone that wants multiple perspectives on the news. A 'one-stop shop' for the world's most prestigious newspapers and magazines, including The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal Europe, The San Francisco Chronicle, The Daily Telegraph and The Los Angeles Times, PressDisplay.com provides consumers, libraries, government, corporate clients and now, BlackBerry users, with the widest range of full-content publications on the web.

Unlike news aggregation sites, which provide a sample of free news stories from a variety of news sources, Mobile PressDisplay lets mobile users read premium newspapers in the PressDisplay.com system in their entirety. Mobile PressDisplay optimizes the news reading experience for mobile handsets, making it easy for BlackBerry users to navigate a newspaper with section listings, auto-jumps that link articles spanning different pages, and easy-to-read text views. Click here for a video demo.

"As a busy traveler who depends on my BlackBerry more than my laptop when on the road, I need access to detailed news reporting in order to prepare for meetings and conference calls. Mobile PressDisplay puts a wealth of news at my fingertips and lets me keep in touch with what's happening back home," said Charles Kelly, chairman of Canadian Public Affairs Consulting Group.

Users can browse all 500+ PressDisplay.com publications from their BlackBerry for stories of interest. They can also set up daily monitors on the PressDisplay.com website that look for specific keywords in any or all newspapers and then notify them on their BlackBerry whenever a keyword is published in any PressDisplay.com publication. With one click, they are connected to the referring story, helping them stay on top of the latest news wherever they are - often hours before the story ever hits the news stands in the paper edition.

"Previously, when facing long car trips as a passenger, I had been downloading full newspapers into the PressReader software and reading them on my laptop," said Craig J. Poff, Esq. of Beaufort/Hilton Head, South Carolina. "Now, I have a BlackBerry 8700 which displays the articles nicely. $29.95 per month is very reasonable for this service -- about the same as what I pay for home delivery of the New York Times."

"Being informed immediately of business-critical news is essential for busy executives who depend on a variety of news sources," said Alexander Kroogman, CEO of NewspaperDirect. "Mobile PressDisplay turns your BlackBerry into an international news kiosk."

About NewspaperDirect Inc.
    Founded in 1999 and based in Vancouver, BC, Canada, NewspaperDirect Inc. (PressDisplay.com from NewspaperDirect is the world's largest online newspaper kiosk, providing instant access to hundreds of newspapers and magazines from around the world. Users can view publications online, download titles for offline viewing, translate articles on the fly in up to 12 different languages, listen to publications on their computers or mobile phones and enjoy reading hundreds of publications which have been optimized for smart mobile and BlackBerry devices. NewspaperDirect has also adapted PressDisplay.com for the library, corporate, airline, hotel and OEM markets.

NewspaperDirect's SmartEdition ePaper solution, powered by PressDisplay technology, fits every publisher's needs with zero investment and zero operational cost. With SmartEdition, publisher's customers benefit from anywhere/anytime access to current and back issues of their publications, while enjoying premium digital features such as voice, translation, sharing, blogging and advanced searching. NewspaperDirect provides full hosting, payment acceptance, customer service management and full technical support.

Tim Cox +1-650-369-7784 (for NewspaperDirect)

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Over 500 newspapers in the palm of your hand

Sounds awesome!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

ibanyan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24222F96

Sounds great but the site does not have a link to download the BB version ...
    Craig Johnston
    --------------
    My book "Professional BlackBerry":
    http://tinyurl.com/gyqvz
    Mobile Computing Authority Podcast:
    http://mca.libsyn.com

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by ibanyan
    Sounds great but the site does not have a link to download the BB version ...
    Yes, noticed that also. I should have mentioned in the original post.

I couldn't find a link, sent them an email and will post update as soon as I get a reply.

Thanks

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Thanks Hayden! I was just looking for that myself!

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Yeah, but missing those papers I really want to read... :-(

PIN/ID
    ask

From Pressdisplay:
    "Hello Hayden

All you need to do is register with your name and email address at
    www.pressdisplay.com with the promotion code: BlackBerry

Then open your browser on your BlackBerry and enter www.pressdisplay.com
    and you'll be connected.

Please feel free to pass this promotion along to your friends so they
    can all try it as well.

Cheers
    Gayle"

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Hope she knows how many friends you have
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    Hope she knows how many friends you have
    lol. I forgot to mention that. Oh well, good free exposure for them.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thanks Hayden. This looks great. I will give it a whirl.

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sounds awesome. Going there now

ibanyan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24222F96

So still no thick client then, just access via the web ...
    Craig Johnston
    --------------
    My book "Professional BlackBerry":
    http://tinyurl.com/gyqvz
    Mobile Computing Authority Podcast:
    http://mca.libsyn.com

DrMom no está en línea Stack level 2

I really like this app. I got the free subscription and it does everything I want with a newspaper except line the birdcage floor. Lots of countries and newspapers.

jayfreeman no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~getting a blank screen when loading the url above?

gam1 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks hayden for the info for this app.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast