Engadget has posted a review and some great pictures of the new Palm Pre, Saturday ... Palm News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Engadget reviews Palm Pre

Advertisement

Engadget has posted a review and some great pictures of the new Palm Pre, Saturday is the big day.

"The Palm Pre. It's not just a phone, it's a myth, an idea, possibly a legacy... and a really, really long time coming."

"As we mentioned, the display is equal in resolution to the G1, Storm, and iPhone -- and just like those devices it's capacitive. In general we felt the clarity and vividness of color on the Pre was excellent. The screen gave us a little trouble in sunlight, however; due to the sheer glossiness of the phone, it was a bit hard to make out details on-screen unless we had it at the right angle. It's perfectly readable, just not best-in-class when it comes to direct daylight viewing."

"Here's another major score for webOS. Instead of obtrusive pop-ups, Palm has opted for small wedges that appear at the bottom of your display with a message and icon (sometimes accompanied by a little chime, as in the case of a new email). As these gather, your content above scales to fit in the space allotted -- it sounds like it could get messy, but it's actually an elegant solution. Not only do the messages collapse into a single, manageable line until you're ready to deal with them, but you can swipe away alerts once you've read them."

Check out the article for more, it is a very detailed review with tons of pics!

Article
    Last edited by azstar; 06-04-2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: added image etc

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's a very detailed review, I didn't have time to read the whole thing, will have to come back to it later. I do not want to switch to sprint, and I don't think I would buy the Pre yet, but like every other new device, I would love to play with one for a couple days I hope this device turns out to be as great as the reviews and brings Palm back to life.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    That review was great I thought. Long but none the less good. I think it's going to be a great phone and improve in time like most things do.