I'm sorry if this is not posted in the right place. Its my first post. ... 82xx Themes forum

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3

How to Get Default Themes back?

Advertisement

I'm sorry if this is not posted in the right place. Its my first post. I downloaded a mem clean app. And I deleted stock themes from my phone. Ever since then if I download a them it shows up in my applications file but does not show in my themes so I can't use it. I have an 8820 att os 4.5. Any clues? Thanks!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by ur561ad View Post
    I'm sorry if this is not posted in the right place. Its my first post. I downloaded a mem clean app. And I deleted stock themes from my phone. Ever since then if I download a them it shows up in my applications file but does not show in my themes so I can't use it. I have an 8820 att os 4.5. Any clues? Thanks!

You are right, just start a new thread next time with a question like this. To answer though. The reason the new themes aren't showing up is because you deleted the "stock" themes. Those stock themes alot of times act as a "base" for custom ones. If anything in the custom was left to default (which there always is) then those "defaults" use the stock themes as the basis for images, fonts, etc. you will need to reinstall those. There out there somewhere in the stacks, i know i have seen them, but just not sure where to look. Try searching for stock themes for your type of phone. Hope that helps, but without those stock themes, more than likely every theme you try putting on your phone won't work.

Good luck.

Thanks! I did leave one stock theme and one custom theme. But I guess I gotta restore my phone to my previous backup then. Thanks for the response and I apologise for poppin in the middle of nowhere.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by holster27 View Post
    There is no way to mod the .cod or .jad files.
    Not true. It's a fairly straightforward process to extract resources out of BlackBerry modules (COD files).

I don't develop themes personally, so I'm not familiar with the relationship between the .THM file and the compiled contents of the module (i.e. what the .CBTF or .PME files are), but all of the image resources I've seen are embedded as standard PNGs.

I can definitely dissect a theme and extract the images used in it. Dissecting, modifying images, and reassembling is also possible, but it isn't something I've explored.

Then again, my capabilities are far beyond your average user or developer.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    the easiest way to have those themes back is installing your current os on your pc, then go to c/program files/common files/research in motion/ app loader and run the loader.exe you dont need to check or uncheck any checkbox, this process will reload all the stock themes...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

I will try thank you!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    the easiest way to have those themes back is installing your current os on your pc, then go to c/program files/common files/research in motion/ app loader and run the loader.exe you dont need to check or uncheck any checkbox, this process will reload all the stock themes...

Way to help out a fellow stacker EA!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Thanks TH

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm sorry to say this but I just wish people knew this before they start tampering with stock themes before deleting them. I hat to see people going through this. I understand that while one's trying to create more space for his/her device at the same time's messing up the phone because new custom themes depend on these stock ones as templates in order for them to run properly. They should definitely add or stamp a note on this awful applications to clean memory. I hate those apps! Period. Sorry to hear once again about your bad experience.

Thanks raton! Its a learning experience so no worries. The worst part of it all is my company is turning my "blackberry" into a "PHONE ONLY" next week! What will I do? I think I may need a blackberry counselor! Lol!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Thanks raton! Its a learning experience so no worries. The worst part of it all is my company is turning my "blackberry" into a "PHONE ONLY" next week! What will I do? I think I may need a blackberry counselor! Lol!
    still have the option of the DM to load all the good stuf to your phone....dunno if we have that kind of counseling here lol
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Lol! Anyway I reinstalled my upgraded os 4.5 along with my previous backup. And it took about 30 minutes and all is well.thanks for your help guys.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Nice to have you back . Don't ever tamper with those default themes again. Many people don't quite understand that those stock themes are there for a reason. Oh well, welcome back again