I was wondering what the proper etiquette for posting BlackBerry themes that use images taken ... 82xx Themes forum

Serpent no está en línea Stack level 2

Crediting Images used for upcoming theme

Advertisement

I was wondering what the proper etiquette for posting BlackBerry themes that use images taken from other sources.

I made a theme for personal use which uses .png images from several free internet sources. I would like to share the theme with the community to get some feedback, etc. However, I don't know if I need to credit each icon's source, or if I can basically take credit only for putting the elements together as a coherent theme. I have absolutely no plans to sell the themes, but I don't want an angry image creator coming after me for "stealing" or "redistributing" their work. Any ideas?

A screenshot of the theme is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, if you know the original source of the image, you can see if they have any copyright or usage guidelines. Generally crediting the source of your icons and image is a good idea, and since you are not selling, you are less likely to be given a hard time about it. Some artists are glad to have their work put to use as long as they are mentioned. Others want permission asked before you would post it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4