Is there any wireless service carriers out there that will buy your current contract out ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

ae86nate no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246IFE94

wireless service carriers buy your contract out

Advertisement

Is there any wireless service carriers out there that will buy your current contract out to go with them? I have tmobile and have been with them for 3 years now but would like to try out other carriers.
    It could be worse, we could be on FIRE!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: wireless service carriers buy your contract out

Do you mean as carrier that will pay your ETF on TMO if you sign with them? I haven't heard of any.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    246IFE94

I mean a carrier that will pay your contract termination fee to sign you over to there's... ???

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

No carriers will not do this for you. Contracts would be pointless if they did. What you can do however is try to get someone you know to pay for your current line of service. Let them have and pay for that phone while you get something else. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    246IFE94

Well ****. How would it be pointless? I think it would be better. If carriers were confident in their service then they shouldn't have a ****n problem in doing it.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Of course if they had confidence in their system they wouldn't need the contracts in the first place. It is a catch 22.

Zo

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Take VZW, fastest growing wireless comp in the country, 63.5 million users and growing....ATT has 65 million on the downhill..suncom numbers only worth mentioning for this thread since they have the slowest growth and fastest turnover rate...average ETF for carriers is $180.00 per line, not counting the now becoming popular prorated ETF like VZW and Alhell...if verizon added 1.3 millions users as they posted for the year, and you just take that number and be conservative about the amount of users that would have become VZW users except for their ETF's holding them back, like say 20% and then multiply that times $180.00 for the ETF that VZW would theoretically pay to bring a customer over...260,000 users x 180.00 = $46,800,000. Where would the business sense be in that?
    That would be like me paying a customer in my restaurant to eat my food to sway him from the competition...wouldnt be long before I would have to shut the doors down for good...

Just my two cents worth,

Caustic.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Ive done this for customers in the past. One time we paid half of the ETF for a 5 line deal, and all of the ETF for an 11 line deal.

bacid no está en línea Stack level 1

carriers buy out contracts all the time if it's a BIG customer.

for 1 person, i can't see it making any sense unless you're spending an insane amount of money.

Doy22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    A couple of days ago, we interviewed Henry Kwan of ECS about the G101L who told us that, outside of the U.S., This company’s new mini-notebook will be sold by wireless carriers with mobile broadband in much the same way they sell phones with voice plans. Sign a long-term contract for wireless Internet and get your mini-notebook at a much lower price or even for free.