Any ideas? I called them for help with something and they refuse to help me ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Slovak65 no está en línea Stack level 2

Why does Alltel not support any DM over 4.3?

Advertisement

Any ideas? I called them for help with something and they refuse to help me since I have DM 4.7. They said they only support 4.1 and 4.3

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Ask your questions here, Slovak. You'll receive much better and faster support!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Its only because its the only version they are offering on there website. They were probably not trained on it so there affraid to try. They look up problems from cheat sheets and read off a list of things that might be wrong. As rogro said ask here you will probably end up with a better answer and quicker fix.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    One reason is also because they are aware of the upcoming merger and they probably stopped adding resources or discontinued training & "certification" of these updates because of the merger.

There is probably no cost-benefit for them as a company to support these newest updates when in a very short-time all tech support will end up with Verizon.

Just my opinion...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

I know, that's why I asked here why they refuse to support it
    I already told them where to stick it when they told me I can't use RIM's official Dm 4.7 software with my phone

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    One reason is also because they are aware of the upcoming merger and they probably stopped adding resources or discontinued training & "certification" of these updates because of the merger.

There is probably no cost-benefit for them as a company to support these newest updates when in a very short-time all tech support will end up with Verizon.

Just my opinion...
    I agree, but IF they want all the loyal customers (I've been here for about 6 years) to follow them when the merger takes place they ought to be a little more customer and tech support friendly. I myself won't have any problems paying an ETF for two phones if they don't go back to caring for customers as they did prior to any talks of a merger

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Well, if you've been with Alltel for 6 years, you know they are the last to get the latest updates for any device. I do like it in the sense most bugs have been worked out of the OS or the device by the time Alltel decides to release it.

But, yes, sometimes it can be a pain.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

I'm not complaining so much about the update, but the total lack of customer satisfaction since news of the merger, lack of willingness to solve problems as they used to etc.

For example, prior to the merger info if one had a phone with issues, that was out of warrenty, one could complain enough to the point of saying see ya and they would come through and give a new phone, not the same model. Now when you tell them that they just simply ask how you want to pay the ETF
    Last edited by Slovak65; 12-01-2008 at 10:00 PM.