Found this interesting article on Yahoo! Tech. I thought it was interesting to note that, ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Who really has the largest network?

Advertisement

Found this interesting article on Yahoo! Tech. I thought it was interesting to note that, although T-Mobile customers seems very satisfied and the quality of the calls is high, TMO really isn't in the same ballpark as Sprint/Nextel, Verizon and Cingular in terms of network size or number of subscribers.

"Who Really Has the Largest Cellular Network?"

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: Who really has the largest network?

Quote Originally Posted by BBadBoy
    Found this interesting article on Yahoo! Tech. I thought it was interesting to note that, although T-Mobile customers seems very satisfied and the quality of the calls is high, TMO really isn't in the same ballpark as Sprint/Nextel, Verizon and Cingular in terms of network size or number of subscribers.

"Who Really Has the Largest Cellular Network?"
    Very interesting article. Thanks for posting.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

nice find

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would have to say tmo coz its cheap. Most people love to save money I'm one of them hahah.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I love T-Mobile, and they are expanding a lot in Q4 of '06 and in '07
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I am in the middle of nowhere Iowa... I have Tmo, and I am actually getting EDGE on my 8700!! The signal is weak in someplaces, but I am very surpised. Tmo is getting better coverage. I never seem to have problems in Fl. I do, however get tired of hearing the networks argue over who is better or bigger.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Who really has the largest network?

I used to be with Sprint for so many years I cannot count, but I am now with T-Mobile. I have to say, that no matter what all the claims declare, I have better service now, no matter where I go in the U.S. From very small towns in the middle of nowhere to big cities like Los Angeles.

Funny...smaller network, better system.....there just might be something to this!

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I hear ya wclyffe, I had Sprint and now I have TMO and I'm loving it from signal to customer service there is no comparison. Thumbs up all the way for TMO!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    T-Mobile has always thrived on a better network, not necessarily a BIGGER network. I know I see that with them.

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

I keep hearing happy sounds from all the TMO subscribers, but my gf has TMO and our experience has been that her coverage can't compare to my Nextel coverage. If only one of us has coverage, I can't think of a single instance in over 6 years when it was her and not me. In western Florida where her parents live, her phone is useless while I still have coverage. That experience is the main reason I'm waiting for Cingular to intro the Pearl. And I live in one of the most densely populated parts of the country - along the I95 corridor between Washington DC and New York. Yet she still runs into dead spots, and this is with a new phone (Razr). I never have those problems and I'd be changing carriers if I did. She's far more patient than I. For me that pretty much makes TMO a non-option regardless of how cheap they are.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

angeldaddy01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2471bab9

The great thing I can throw out there is that even though my service is through a regional carrier, they have access to Cingular, TMO, and various other GSM carriers....giving SunCom the largest network in the US!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    I do, however get tired of hearing the networks argue over who is better or bigger.
    I'm with you on this one! I agree 100%

When people who are not into phones (they way we enthusiasts are) ask me who the best carrier is? My answer is: the one that has the best signal and coverage area for where you live and travel. After all, the carriers are all doing their best to grow and improve their networks. So rather than listen to the hype, it's in ones best interest to take advantage of the trial period they offer, get a phone, use it during the trial period to see how it ACTUALLY performs for you. Then as long as your careful not to exceed the trial period, you only pay for the airtime you use, and any misc fees that may charge. So ask before you sign up for a trial.

Finally the other caution I would offer, is that you cannot trust the published "coverage area maps" on their brochures or web sites. Think of those as a rough guide only. I know this from personal experience the hard way. I got a phone from a carrier, whos map showed my home in their strongest coverage area, and long story short, it was horrible and either did not connect, or dropped the call just moments after connecting. And it wasn't the phone as they gave me three different models to try.

So the only reliable way is to test it for yourself.

Cheers....

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Alltel, wish they were here
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

They all have their downs and ups and best results and poor results and people going and people leaving.... it's all the same
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services