Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It has finally arrived! The long wait is over. The 4.5 OS upgrade for Telus ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

blackmagnum no está en línea Stack level 1

When is Telus getting 4.5 OS?

Advertisement

It has finally arrived! The long wait is over. The 4.5 OS upgrade for Telus users has finally been released. After talking to a friend that works for RIM, the expected release date was supposed to be October but November 25 was the big day. Before Upgrading read the posts with instructions on how to upgrade.
    Go to the Blackberry website and upgrade

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    I went to the download site for Telus and its still only displaying 4.3

doolz no está en línea Stack level 2
    hmmmmmmm never heard ill check now

Im signed up on the blackberry website so they notify me of software upgrades by email. Go to the software tab, then to Device sotware tab, then push on the Upgrade tab, then it will download an upgrade application and start checking your BB for previous software.

xianshell no está en línea Stack level 1

Where do you get your info?

Entered my PIN - says it's not eligible for 4.5 at this time, and offers to take my email address for future notification.

Also, highest version that shows up on the Blackberry Software Download for TELUS site is 4.3.

When it finally is released, will 8830 follow suit?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    OP if you're stating that this is an Official OS release (per your thread title) from Telus, please post the link here.

~via Lavaberry (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    It obviously isn't... As of this time, 12:49 a.m. MST on November 28m 2008, the OS on the Telus site is OS 4.3.0.124.

The OS for the 8830 is still 4.2.... I doubt Telus will ever offer an upgrade.... Oh did I mention... I hate Telus!! LoL (Still have two Berry's with them though).
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

I find it really weird that I was able to get the new download and nobody else can receive it. I have the Telus OS because the opening screen shows Telus.
    Here is what my About screen says.
    BlackBerry® 8330
    smartphone (CDMA)
    v4.5.0.77 (Platform 3.2.0.51)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.32a
    Trust me, I hate Telus too for holding out for so long. I even contacted head office 2 weeks ago and told them I wasn't happy to see rogers and bell getting the upgrade before Telus. But I honestly have the upgrade, with docs to go etc. I can't post any links to the site but I signed up on blackberry.com to receive notification when an upgrade is released.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Your phone's opening screen will say Telus regardless of which carrier's OS you put in. Telus is hard coded into your device. I currently have an OS 4.5 on my Curve from another carrier... But it still says Telus when I boot.

I am not sure if the upgrade that RIM emailed us all about will work or not. My Curve is in a Truck on its way to Winnipeg. When the truck gets back on Saturday I will attempt the OTA upgrade and see what happens.

I currently have 4.5.0.77 on the device, but I will downgrade it to the Telus 4.3.0.124 and then attempt the upgrade. It is worth a try.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Threekings no está en línea Stack level 3
    Interesting, going to RIM's main website and through all the hoops I get to the following screen:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E607FE7CC0E1A0
    When I select the 8330 Curve it comes up with:
    Software For BlackBerry® Curve (TM) 8330 smartphone BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.3.0.199 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.3.0.199
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.3.0.124
    • Software Platform: 3.1.0.71
    • File name: 8330EFS_PBr4.3.0_rel199_PL3.1.0.71_A4.3.0.124_TELU S.exe
    • File size: 97.36MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
    So if you have a different link maybe post it? (I have been using a different vendor's ver 4.5 for quite a while now.)

Sorry Guys, im only a level one stacker and I cant put links in my posts. Im not sure what blackberry is up to, cause I went back through the exact same steps I went through to upgrade for my Device and now they have changed it. It doesn't allow you to download the Software Upgrading application which checks your blackberry berry to see if an upgrade is available. Im not sure why I was the only one allowed to upgrade, but if you want me to send you the email that the blackberry connection newsletter sent me just message me with your email and i will forward the email to you. Im really sorry guys, I thought that Telus finally upgraded. When I connected my curve to my computer and went to the Upgrade screen, it downloaded the software upgrade application and then showed that my blackberry was eligible for an upgrade.
    blackmagnum
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Telus Mobility
    OS 4.5.0.77

Threekings no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey no worries, sounds like you are on the bleeding edge now. Maybe they had to pull it when an issue/bug cropped up.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    blackmagnum, you blackberry connection newsletter you PM'd me the link to is only giving an overview of OS 4.5 by the BlackBerry Connections site.

Nowhere there does it state it it for Telus, sorry.

Also, as sirthinks said, no matter what carrier OS you load, your boot screen will
    always display Telus. That is device specific.

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3
    I upgraded my 8130 last night no problem.

TheOnyxGuy no está en línea Stack level 1
    I updated today, but this NOT a release that Telus will support. I tried updating it and it gave me a severe error 5x so I called Tech support and they still only support whatever is on their site which is 4.3.

My brother updated it for me on his computer and it worked fine. It's missing BBMessenger, BBMaps, and I believe the Vault is missing too.

visit blackberry.com/upgrades using IE 5.5 or later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast