Hi, i've just bought a 7290 on ebay. My carrier is Orange France and i ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Siruos no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24f5beff

Question Wap configuration

Advertisement

Hi, i've just bought a 7290 on ebay. My carrier is Orange France and i don't have any Data plan. Is it possible to configure the wap without any data plan.
    Thanks for your answer.

tippndown no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3012D2AF
    Wireless Application Protocol or WAP is an open international standard for applications that use wireless communication. Its principal application is to enable access to the Internet from a mobile phone or PDA.
    A WAP browser is designed to provide all of the basic services of a computer based web browser but simplified to operate within the restrictions of a mobile phone. WAP is now the protocol used for the majority of the world's mobile internet sites, known as WAP sites. The Japanese i-mode system is currently the only other major competing wireless data protocol.
    Mobile internet sites, or WAP sites, are websites written in, or dynamically converted to, WML (Wireless Markup Language) and accessed via the WAP browser.
    Before the introduction of WAP, service providers had extremely limited opportunities to offer interactive data services. Interactive data applications are required to support now commonplace activities such as:
    • email by mobile phone
    • tracking of stock market prices
    • sports results
    • news headlines
    • music downloads

tippndown no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3012D2AF
    No lol

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes, the answer is "NO".

You MUST have a BlackBerry Data Plan; nothing else!! Not even a data plan will work.

BlackBerry Data Plan is the ONLY way to enable a BlackBerry to use data services.

Without it, your BlackBerry can only do voice and SMS.

pixthedog no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Wap configuration

Well, that's crap :-( They probably knew what they're doing to get more money from BB mobile users. I got the 7100v for free and I'm pay as you go O2 IR customer. I was hoping for the regular WAP connection without BB Data Plan. Funny thing, when I was trying to find out if it's possible in the Mobile telephony providers shops (O2 - my sim, Vodafone IE - BB was previously registered to) I was being sent from one provider to the other and back because the didn't know :-)))

DUFFIN4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Im Trying To Get Browser Icon On Blackberry Without Any Success Tried Everything I Can To No Avail Even Activating Web Hosting In Opins Can You Help Thanks. Duffin4

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

have you resent your service books?

shayind4 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Hi all. I used a bb data plan SIM to load service books for 8820, and then changed to pay as you go SIM.I now use only wifi to surf web free.I get my mails too.This works for wifi-enabled bb. Shayind

shayind4 no está en línea Stack level 2

error---mail not delivered on wifi only but able to surf the web on wifi only ( network switched off).