All, Got my shiny new pearl on Friday, my first Blackberry (ever)! I have a ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

MattHarwood no está en línea Stack level 1

Vodafone UK - unlimited data?

Advertisement

All,

Got my shiny new pearl on Friday, my first Blackberry (ever)! I have a quick question, if I may?

I'm paying £50 a month, for 500 mins and unlimited txt messages. £15 of that 50 is the Blackberry service. What I would love to know is - is this 'Blackberry service' unlimited? I.e. browsing the web etc..?

Bit worried because the order screen said 6mb of email data - I'm surely not being charged extra for web use?!

Thanks very muchly in advance
    Matt

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Vodafone UK - unlimited data?

That means after you send or receive 6MB of email, you will not be able to receive anymore email or be charged for each message over 6MB.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-31-2007 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    That means after you send or receive 6MB of email, you will not be able to receive anymore email or be charged for each message over 6MB.
    Thanks for the reply! So you mean 6mb is solely for email? Is unlimited browsing included in the 15 quid?

Many thanks Sorry to give an inquisition

15 quid?? I don't know what that is but if there is a cap, that's not unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    15 quid?? I don't know what that is but if there is a cap, that's not unlimited.
    Sorry! That's brit-slang for 15 pounds. Around $30 USD

I'm paying £15/$30 for the additional blackberry services

Unless it says on your bill that your data is limited to 6MB, I assume that 6MB is for email. Your browsing may or may not be included. Just check your bill and see what they charge you for. Sorry for the confusion but I'm not that familiar with non-US BB data plans.

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i used to work for Vodafone. The £15 which your paying is for Email and messenger, NOT web browing. Vodafone charges £2.35/MB for browsing the web!!6MB for email and messenger is basically classed as unlimited cos you won't ever go over it, just watch web browsing

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That's true what benritmeyer says. I've been with voda uk for the past 2 years and they have never changed their data pricing all that time while other networks have. That's why even with 6 months left on my tarrif I started another contract on tmob uk. For £39 I get more mins than before, "unlimited web" which is a 1gig use cap.

Previously on vodafone my bill was £80-100 a month. Now its just £39. I browse the web without bothering about cost, Instant message, download mp3, images, download games.

If u got that on friday I'd return it and go for another network.

And I just started to set up using my bb as a modem yesterday. I increase my data use to 3gig for only £5. Hmm beat that vodafone.

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Yup I too is on T-mobile UK, isn't it great patcat uk?. Previously I was on orange UK 16mb data bundle costing £25 + £15 for 60mins talk time. My bills were in the region of £80 - £100/monthly (yikes! ) Since joining T-mobile I have 900mins talk time, unlimited web browsing & unlimited email for just over £45!