So i went through all the steps to unlock my 8800 from O2. Got the ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

bipit no está en línea Stack level 1

Unlocked 8800 from O2 gives "Insert SIM Card" Error

Advertisement

So i went through all the steps to unlock my 8800 from O2. Got the code, unlocked the BB and verified via the menus that it SIM lock was disabled etc. But when i put in a SIM from another provider (I've tried 3 different ones) it just says "Inset SIM Card" and under SIM Card in the menu it says "Invalid SIM".

Now I've tried wiping, policy.bin, jloader and everything else I can think of but it still doesn't work. Note the SIM works fine in an unlocked 8100 right now so it isn't the SIM card.

Cheers.

image of errora

image of errora
    Attached Images Attached Images

bump, would love some help here, spent a ton of money on this thing and now doesn't work. GSMPhonesource is no help either for some reason

bwell2004 no está en línea Stack level 1

im hoping someone could help me

o2 are telling me that they arent going to release the pay as you go settings for the pearl for ages, ive just paid £100 for one and cant use the mms/internet/ E-mail is there anyway i can activate them while staying on o2 pay as you go?
    help would be really greatful.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bipit View Post
    bump, would love some help here, spent a ton of money on this thing and now doesn't work. GSMPhonesource is no help either for some reason
    Do you have an O2 Sim to test the phone with?

Since it says "Insert SIM Card" instead of "Invalid SIM Card", I'm inclined to think it isn't detecting inserted cards, rather than being an issue with the unlock. Try examining the 8800's metallic SIM contacts for dirt/corrosion, and make sure the card is coming into contact with all 6 contacts.

Otherwise, it sounds like a hardware issue with the 8800 itself.