Hi, im from Istanbul/Turkey. Our Provider here TURKCELL offers a so called "unlimited" data plan, ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

crackberryist no está en línea Stack level 3

Unlimited data plan

Advertisement

Hi, im from Istanbul/Turkey. Our Provider here TURKCELL offers a so called "unlimited" data plan, which in fact is limited with 100 MB. I learned this after asking someting diff. at their hotline. Now my question:
    I get 15-20 mails per day with normal size. From time to time i get emails with a size of 5-6 MB (lets say 4-6 per month). I send 15-20 emails per day. Some of these big mails i hv to resend to my collegues. I will use Jivetalk 4-5 hours per day and, if i got enough time, will browse for lets say 1 hour per day. Will the offered 100 MB be enough for me??
    WHY USE DRUGS IF YOU GOT A CRACKBERRY
    UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE I'M THE ONLY "ACTIVE" STACKER IN TURKEY

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Re: Unlimited data plan

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I would try it out for the first month, and check up your data usge every few days or so.

I would say 100 mb is enough for a moderate user. The one only thing you should watch for is how much you browse the internet. It seems that you will be getting almost 45 mb of email, not leaving too much for your browsing needs.

so again, I suggest you try it for a month and observe how much you are sending/receiving.

Quote Originally Posted by takadante View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I would try it out for the first month, and check up your data usge every few days or so.

I would say 100 mb is enough for a moderate user. The one only thing you should watch for is how much you browse the internet. It seems that you will be getting almost 45 mb of email, not leaving too much for your browsing needs.

so again, I suggest you try it for a month and observe how much you are sending/receiving.
    thx. can you pls tell how to check the daily usage??

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

for me I can go to Verizonwireless.com and log into my account. Türkcell may have the same.
    Does Türkcell have BlackBerry service? I only see "TurkcellPDA". Without a BlackBerry data plan you will not be able to use the email or internet
    Last edited by cliffr39; 01-01-2008 at 11:22 AM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    for me I can go to Verizonwireless.com and log into my account. Türkcell may have the same.
    Does Türkcell have BlackBerry service? I only see "TurkcellPDA". Without a BlackBerry data plan you will not be able to use the email or internet
    Yes TURKCELL does hv a BB service. I hv the dataplan with 100 MB. If i undertand you right, i hv to check the daily usage via mia account at Turkcell. Am i right?

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

You may be able to. I would also keep in mind that if you're checking online, depending on your carrier, it may not be up-to-date. I would think a call to you carrier might help. Good luck.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by bbistanbul View Post
    Yes TURKCELL does hv a BB service. I hv the dataplan with 100 MB. If i undertand you right, i hv to check the daily usage via mia account at Turkcell. Am i right?
    That is good then. and yes if they have that feature it would most likely be inside your account
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.