Hello all, I'm desperately hoping someone has figured out how to make MMS work with ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

b1u3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Unicel MMS on a 8300??

Advertisement

Hello all,

I'm desperately hoping someone has figured out how to make MMS work with Unicel on a BB Curve 8300?

Long story: I signed up with ATT so I could have the darn iPhone, making a deal with the wife she could get a Curve at the same time. Sadly, ATT service does NOT work in our home area (phones don't ring, not even to voice mail, and calling out fails 50-75% of the time, over and over). I'm hoping to switch to Unicel service, which works FAAR more reliably in my area. Data (internet) actually works fine on both my iPhone and the Curve (now that Unicel DNS is back up ... only MMS doesn't work on the Curve.

For what it's worth, I finally have the MMS service book showing up on the Curve (latest OS version 4.2.2.180), but the gateway setting is blank and uneditable. Too bad since I've found MMS gateway settings online!

A half-dozen calls into Unicel support have yeilded varying levels of competancy. The last and final call seeming the most promissing where the rep actually contacted her tech and ran my ideas by (having them send service updates per one of their "supported" phone models). Sadly, the answer was "no can do"... so close!

Appreciate any ideas/thoughts/experiences. Particularly if anyone is aware of a way to edit/re-generate a service book... or of a phone model I could tell Unicell I have requesting they send those updates which may work with the Curve.

Cheers!
    Blue

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Unicel MMS on a 8300??

any luck?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

b1u3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Unicel MMS on a 8300??

I've actually returned the demo Unicel SIM i had been testing for the last week and a half. The Unicel sales person was very patient in allowing me to keep the demo SIM beyond their typical 2-3 day loan period. Thinking I will sign up for a prepaid Unicel account so I can continue trouble-shooting the Blackberry MMS issue. In the mean time, I'm hoping some one comes along with some helpful experience/suggestions. : )