So, at lunch I went to my local Bell Mobility dealer (Canada here) and picked ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

shootr no está en línea Stack level 1

Ugh, screwed by a long weekend, need help!!

Advertisement

So, at lunch I went to my local Bell Mobility dealer (Canada here) and picked up a Blackberry Curve 8330.
    Everything was cherry for a few hours, then I loaded some media on it and began assigning pictures to Contacts and the device froze... Pulled out the battery, rebooted, went about my way.... again.. about ten minutes later.. froze.
    again.. pulled the battery... and went through the same thing.. did some other setup stuff, and an hour or so later.. went back to assigning contacts.. and it of course.. froze again..
    a quick look at the clock indicated that it was 4:40 in the afternoon.. twenty minutes to closing.. so I rush down and return the unit. They are closing up the store, mark my old unit DOA, Try to bluetooth my contact list across, but they are having some difficulty with it.. so they tell me to just retype everything.. no prob. I take the unit, and go home.
    spend the next few hours inputing a hundred or so odd contacts in.
    Then I let the phone sit and go about my evening.
    oddly.. My phone is awefully quiet for a Friday night.
    Especially considering that I am on call....
    at around 8pm I try to send some texts.. they wont go.
    Try to get some people on bb messenger.. no luck
    try a phone call.. only a busy signal.....

It appears that the sales person failed to activate the phone.. I have an operational account.. but this unit can't connect...
    And they are closed until Tuesday.
    Because its a long weekend.

I have no idea if anyone can help... but Im stuck and looking for any help I can get.
    ideas??

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~borrow a friends phone and call their cust care. And man that's got to suck.

shootr no está en línea Stack level 1
    yeah.. it does suck.. especially since customer care closed at six.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    is bell open on the weekends? ATT used to only have CS til 6pm M-F and i HATED that .. now its 24/7.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Does your carrier have a website? I can go to mine and set it up from there and send service books to my phone and register my device. Also I can download my OS to reinstall if I need too. Maybe you could try redownloading your OS. I am sure you can find it here if your carrier does not have it online.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~