Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

mine is the same as the girl on top of me. unable to display file... ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

onesexiimexii no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Troubleshooting the device status on BlackBerry (GSM)

mine is the same as the girl on top of me.
    unable to display file...
    i copied & pasted pictures from my phone to my computer so i thought that might be it.
    but then i noticed it said that for pictures i havent even hooked up to the computer yet.
    HELP!
    D

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

you have to update the os. you do not have the browsers which affects the media files from being viewed or played. Update the os and after that is done the browsers will come back on and you shall be as good as new
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

shishir no está en línea Stack level 1

hey the mobile network shows EDGE , but i am still unable to connect to internet. is it that, the network service provider (mero mobile) here in nepal doesnt support this service ?

Worm no está en línea Stack level 1

Does it show "EDGE" or "edge"?

Contrary to some of the above, "gprs/edge" means that you are packet switched attached, you have an entry in your Serving GPRS Support Node (SGSN) and it's in "standby" (no PDP context is set), your entry is inhabited with your subscibed Access Points. If you attain this state then the cell your are served by is correctly configured to handle GPRS traffic/routing and your Subsciption is set Network Access = both GSM and GPRS, low key packet switched mobility management will be done. Without a BlackBerry plan you'd need to use opera mini and enter the "internet" APN for your carrier into the TCP settings field (Advanced Options).

If you see "EDGE" you have an active Packet Data Protocol(PDP)Context set against an Access Point mirrored to the SGSN from your HLR entry . This may or may not be against the blackberry APN, if you have no entry in the TCP APN field it will be though. I'd contact your operator if this is the case and find out exactly what you have.

cheers

Worm

bigjrocc27 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248d32a7
    so you have to have a blackberry plan before anything other gsm will show up or does it have something to do with the sim card

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Blog Entries
    Yes you have to have a BlackBerry Data plan.

Now on to my issue...I have a 3 week old 8120 that has lost all data services as of yesterday. Battery pulls, soft/hard resets, wiping/restoring the BB have only been able to provide texting capabilities. I have followed the advice in Post 1 of this thread and may be taking this thing back to T-Mobile.

bigjrocc27 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248d32a7
    my 8800 stays on gsm to but that is because i dont have web usage on my phone

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    I have a co-worker who picked up a 8320 over the weekend. My 8320 shows "GPRS", his shows "gprs".

I told him to go to TMO, setup an account, and resend service books. He says that he signed up for a data plan. He has Wi-Fi at home and only gets "uma" there.

We've restarted it to no avail.

Should we swap SIMS to see if it makes any difference?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12