Hello: So i'm using BIS on a pearl, and in order to use opera i ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

royeiror no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208C2087

Telcel Mexico, APN question

Hello:
    So i'm using BIS on a pearl, and in order to use opera i configured the APN to use Telcel.

I've been getting data charges from them but i couldn't pin point the problem until now that they sent me a file with my connection data.

They say whatever goes through internet.itelcel.com gets charged at regular data rates, whereas whatever goes through internet.blackberry.com is unlimited.

Does anyone knows what gives?

i don't want to be limited to the awful browser provided by RIM, but i don't want to spend more money on data.

Shouldn't unlimited blackberry plans be unlimited all the way, with or without the provider's APN?

TECLAS no está en línea Stack level 1

New Plan For Telcel

telcel just corrected their systems and upgraded the Blackberry plan to Blackberry "FULL" which means that you can now use the BB as a Modem or with the Telcel public APN, with some minor restriction as the speed after consuming some megas.

You can go to TELCEL and ask for the new plan available as of September 22, 2008.

Regards,

quote=royeiror;498625]Hello:
    So i'm using BIS on a pearl, and in order to use opera i configured the APN to use Telcel.

I've been getting data charges from them but i couldn't pin point the problem until now that they sent me a file with my connection data.

They say whatever goes through internet.itelcel.com gets charged at regular data rates, whereas whatever goes through internet.blackberry.com is unlimited.

Does anyone knows what gives?

i don't want to be limited to the awful browser provided by RIM, but i don't want to spend more money on data.

Shouldn't unlimited blackberry plans be unlimited all the way, with or without the provider's APN?[/quote]

thenewxman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Where did you get this information? I went to a CAC and they told me this is not true.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TECLAS View Post
    telcel just corrected their systems and upgraded the Blackberry plan to Blackberry "FULL" which means that you can now use the BB as a Modem or with the Telcel public APN, with some minor restriction as the speed after consuming some megas.

You can go to TELCEL and ask for the new plan available as of September 22, 2008.

Regards,

TcoloT no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    idntknow
    /portal/telcel.portal;jsessionid=Lv6RJ6tKMdC09ZsJ31LjSBBSv L8Vdv2B0Jmj5xMwTvfdMVjtQBgB!1489435909?_nfpb=true& _pageLabel=GRAL_DespliegueContenidoPage&seccion=84 &pathContenido=%2Fcontenido%2Fplanes_servdatos.htm l

this is the info needed.

WTF means FAIR USE...(USO JUSTO)

Please add the website address for telcel at the begin...