Are there any service providers that service in Iraq that anyone knows of? I have ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Service Provider In Iraq?

Advertisement

Are there any service providers that service in Iraq that anyone knows of? I have checked a few of the carrier sites and none have specific information on Iraq. Or will u still have to use a satellite phone there?

ducatiso no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Service Provider In Iraq?

Only in Northern Iraq in Kurdish territory, Lake Dokan area. Cell phones work in Kuwiat though. I wouldn't bother buying a satellite phone which is what most people try to do to prepare. I would suggest pricing VOIP phones and if you have access to a Router plugging in and hooking up through the net. If not USO or MWR will have VOIP phones set up that you can call home on for .05 cents a minute. Email me with any questions, I spent 15 months there.
    sean.o.lawless@us.army.mil

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

VOIP is cool, and the USO and the Embassy have phones that are reasonable to call home from, but was wondering for the ability to have something on you mobily. I guess the US Government/DOD still wants the ability to control a blackout whenever something happens. That's the most annoying thing, but I guess in a way it's not too bad. I mean, granted, when someone gets killed they do a blackout so that no info can get out of the country until the proper people have been notified, but when something does happen it would be nice to be able to get ahold of people in/around the country in a few seconds. Well maybe soon....Bet Cheney or old GW or Condelezza Rice don't have any problems getting THEIR Blackberry's to work over there.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

jlcarter no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20823EFA

i just spent 13 months there. I suggest putting skype on your laptop and using it. or if you must have a cell phone, you can buy one from the local market that runs on prepaid sim cards. usually costs around $75 to get it setup and about 50cents a min to call home.

if you have any questions feel free to email or PIN me.

pirateman no está en línea Stack level 1
    stay home it's safer!